Talk

Advanced search

To absolutely love Fifth Harmony!?

(14 Posts)
oxfordyvonne Tue 05-Apr-16 18:16:02

DD has been absolutely obsessed with this girl group recently by the name of Fifth Harmony, I believe they found success on the U.S. adaptation of The X Factor and are signed under Simon Cowell's label..

Anyway I took her to go and see them in London a couple of months back and since then I think I've become almost as big a fan as DD! Their music is catchy and easy to dance to whilst carrying quite a good message for younger girls (rather dubious about dd listening to some of the more risque lyrics but I love it myself lol!)

Have any of you become fans of your childrens favourite singers?

DD wants me to quickly say "buy Work From Home on iTunes" before I hit send (sorry!)

milkbottle Tue 05-Apr-16 18:25:04

I love them too!

CalleighDoodle Tue 05-Apr-16 18:27:17

I love Fifth Element is that helps.

Lilaclily Tue 05-Apr-16 18:28:39

Oh yes I saw the series they were on and have been a fan ever since
I often you tube the song they sang sitting round the table on the X factor , was fab!

TheCrumpettyTree Tue 05-Apr-16 18:29:05

Whatever song it is of theirs they play on the radio is rubbish. It didn't go anywhere.

TheCrumpettyTree Tue 05-Apr-16 18:29:23

*doesnt

LancashirePudding Tue 05-Apr-16 18:30:53

Mmm not sure about their music having good messages for young girls e.g. lyrics like "I don't need no explanation, 'Cause baby, you're the boss at home"

To be fair, I only know of a couple of their songs but their music videos seem to be all about pleasing men.

eatsleephockeyrepeat Tue 05-Apr-16 19:30:31

Oh my days, YABU!

That bloody "Work from home" pile of pants, I actually bet my OH sexual favours money that couldn't possibly get into the top ten, then agreed to anything at all he wanted should it ever reach number one, so confident was I of it's shitness.

Last time I checked it was number 2!! I'm only going to have to go and shave my bloody legs now aren't I angry

CaptainCrunch Tue 05-Apr-16 19:33:26

Are you their UK publicist or something OP? Cause they're shite.

oxfordyvonne Tue 05-Apr-16 19:39:57

Yikes! Human opinion is a wonderful thing..

Now I'm scared to admit that I'm lusting after Nick Jonas..

MajesticSeaFlapFlap Tue 05-Apr-16 19:43:11

You don't gotta go to work, work, work, work, work, work, work
But you gotta put in work, work, work, work, work, work, work
You don't gotta go to work, work, work, work, work, work, work
Let my body do the work, work, work, work, work, work, work, work
We can work from home, oh, oh, oh-oh
We can work from home, oh, oh, oh-oh

Shakespearean

eatsleephockeyrepeat Tue 05-Apr-16 19:50:28

oxford shock

Nick Jonas is the devil's own jester, entertaining the crowds with the lyrics condoning the poor treatment of women under the justification that they brought it on themselves by being sexy. And yet it's all so damned catchy!! I have to sing along; his tunes pull my strings; so I have to sing "You're too sexy, beautiful, everybody wants a taste...less pie."

GirlOverboard Tue 05-Apr-16 20:14:02

Sledgehammer is amazing, it should have been a massive hit. I didn't like Work From Home at first, but it's really grown on me. However the only girlband album I'm excited for at the moment is the new All Saints one. They're in a whole different league...

dancemom Tue 05-Apr-16 20:20:04

Dd loves the song, I disapprove loudly about the awful video of gyrating girls on a building site with appallingly sexist lyrics and drum home the message that the band should be doing the building work etc while quietly singing along and bopping away to the catchy tune!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now