Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How much time do you spend on Mumsnet?

(41 Posts)
WetLettuce123 Tue 05-Apr-16 13:43:36

Just that really - how often do you check Mumsnet? Are you on it every day, every week? Is it something you go to when you're bored? Do you look forward to it?

Worries I have been wasting too much time on here

EssentialHummus Tue 05-Apr-16 13:48:08

Every day, at +- 30 min intervals. I wfh and use MN as a break between tasks.

LBOCS2 Tue 05-Apr-16 13:54:27

I'm on maternity leave and haven't had the baby yet. So pretty much all the time grin

Haggisfish Tue 05-Apr-16 13:57:28

Every day. Shit loads. Def interfering with my housekeeping abilities!

Dellarobia Tue 05-Apr-16 13:59:18

I go through phases. Sometimes I don't check it for ages, other times I'm on here on and off all day.

TheNaze73 Tue 05-Apr-16 14:01:12

Whenever I'm on a dull work teleconference, having a quiet night in or having a coffee before work

Lilaclily Tue 05-Apr-16 14:04:21

It used to be on constantly when kids were preschoolers and I was part time
Now they.'really at school and I'm sadly full time employment it's mostly sporadic in the evenings but it's school holidays at the moment and I've been enjoying get getting into old habits
I started on mn in 2003 and used to going it in the pc when breast feeding in the night, it kept me company during those bleak hours when everyone was asleep

LillyBugg Tue 05-Apr-16 14:05:06

Loads. Too much really. I reckon I check it at least every 1-2 hours when I'm not at work. And I can easily spend 2+ hours on it in the evening.

curren Tue 05-Apr-16 14:08:15

Quite a lot. I check it in between doing other stuff. I work for myself from home, so as long as stuff gets done it's fine.

I don't really go on in the evenings though. Once the kids and dh are home.

MouthyMoo Tue 05-Apr-16 14:09:42

This life to some people.

Some are literally on here constantly.

Queenbean Tue 05-Apr-16 14:14:01

I go through phases. Sometimes it is months without checking, other times (like now) when I'm bored at work I'll post loads

MN itself goes through phases of being interesting and then having literally no threads that I want to post on. It's been really crap recently but has (thankfull!) picked up the last few days

FunnyUsername Tue 05-Apr-16 14:14:45

Judging by some of the threads I read, a lot of people spend the majority of their time awake on here. I don't think anyone is going to admit to that though.

PotOfYoghurt Tue 05-Apr-16 14:15:48

I'm on it regularly throughout the day most days but not for long periods of time. It's more of a quick check through active and threads I'm on and that's it.

LunaMay Tue 05-Apr-16 14:15:58

I usually check it in the mornings when im sitting around waiting for my hair to dry a bit before work mainly threads i'm watching at that time.

Lunch time at work, we're all usually sitting around on our phone while were eating/talking.

Sometimes in the afternoon if ive got nothing to do and am on the computer

Usually when im in bed setting my alarm on my phone ill have a quick(never is) look, i find a lot of new posts come on around then due to time difference etc

Oooblimey Tue 05-Apr-16 14:20:35

It used to be rarely but I installed the phone app and it's ruined me! I look at it all the bloody time!! Have considered deleting it but I'm not ready to let go yet confused

GrowAndRun Tue 05-Apr-16 14:43:11

Far too much!!

WaitrosePigeon Tue 05-Apr-16 14:47:52

On and off most of the day. I don't post all that much though.

heron98 Tue 05-Apr-16 16:07:15

I go on it quite a bit at work if things are quiet (probably shouldn't) but rarely at home. I try and stay off the internet in my spare time as I think it can easily suck you in!

EnglishFern Tue 05-Apr-16 16:23:20

Every day. On a work day sporadically throughout the day and then a couple of hours in the evening, maybe even 4 or 5 hours blush

On a non work day if I'm at home I'll have MN on the go in the background, so could be several hours of dipping in and out.

Definitely takes time away from the kids. Sorry kids.

WetLettuce123 Tue 05-Apr-16 17:06:32

OK not just me then... I thought I'd better canvas opinion when as I was lying in bed last night I was wondering what was happening on certain threads...

maggiethemagpie Tue 05-Apr-16 17:19:03

Far too much time. And I'm finding mumsnet can be more 'aggressive' than some other sites I use. So I have resolved to spend less time on mumsnet and more on other sites

Charley50 Tue 05-Apr-16 17:52:55

Far too much. I think I'm addicted to it and try to keep away but keep coming back. I need a new hobby.

oldlaundbooth Tue 05-Apr-16 18:48:45

Well, I've recently changed jobs, so I'm on it much less nowadays.

But I still spend way too much time on here - think 2 hours per day during the week (I commute) and maybe an hour a day at the weekends.

BUT I feel like I am weaning myself off it - it does seem to be the same old threads being rehashed....

PageStillNotFound404 Tue 05-Apr-16 18:49:42

Exactly what Dellarobia said. I'm currently going through a "here on and off all day" phase.

oldlaundbooth Tue 05-Apr-16 18:50:31

Disclaimer: I do not go on it when with DS.

And, as seen as the weather is getting nicer instead I'll be outside cycling instead of chuckling over AIBU's

<clutches hard at fragile straws>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now