Talk

Advanced search

To ask for a refund as all the nutribullet jugs teeth have all snapped off

(14 Posts)
hettyGreek Tue 05-Apr-16 08:27:32

Its 18 months old, but not usable now as the teeth have all snapped off.

AIBU to ask for a refund or new bowels?

MsVestibule Tue 05-Apr-16 08:32:27

Where did you buy it from? After 18 months, you're unlikely to get a refund, but a shop with a good customer service policy might give you a new one. Presumably you've still got the receipt?

Ragusa Tue 05-Apr-16 08:34:47

Definitely ask for new bowels grin

Ifailed Tue 05-Apr-16 08:36:14

AIBU to ask for a refund or new bowels
Er, are you sure you are using it correctly?

hettyGreek Tue 05-Apr-16 08:37:30

It was debenhams. Not sure how their CS is.

& arrrg! when will they add an edit button here?!?!

chanie44 Tue 05-Apr-16 08:47:01

I had a bullet, although it was a really old version and wasn't marketed as a juice maker. Anyway, a bit of plastic broke on it and it meant the jug wouldn't sit in the base properly and so wouldn't work.

Although the motor is powerful, the rest is a lump of plastic and I'm not surprised yours has broken.

I doubt you'll get a refund but it may be worth contacting the manufacturer.

Mousefinkle Tue 05-Apr-16 08:48:15

Doubtful you'll get a refund or replacement after 18 months but you can always ask. Alternatively buy new jugs off eBay for about £15.

oliviaclottedcream Tue 05-Apr-16 08:49:02

This happened to me OP. Not with a nutribullet though. Did you put the beaker/cups in the dishwasher? I used to, it made them very brittle and the teeth broke. Dishwashers get too hot for too long and it weakens plastic. I would send it back and suggest that they recommend that cups are not dishwasher safe,

hettyGreek Tue 05-Apr-16 08:57:21

Oh i did use the dishwasher! Maybe that is it, they do say dishwasher safe however.

Will give it a go, all they can do is say no.

IJustLostTheGame Tue 05-Apr-16 09:28:03

Nutribullets are crap.
I hand washed ours and by the third wash the blades were all rusty.

MummaV Tue 05-Apr-16 10:19:14

I think they come with a 2 year guarantee. I know from having one myself that nutribullet have no repair process for their devices so it's likely it will be replaced under the guarantee unless you've misused it.
I'd contact both debenhams and nutribullet themselves.

oliviaclottedcream Tue 05-Apr-16 17:45:41

Yes they do say the cups are dishwasher safe but they aren't. I bought a smoothie maker I saw on TV and it also claimed its cups were dishwasher proof. After replacing the cups about 4 times it finally dawned on me what the problem was. I hand washed them and they were fine from then on. But then the motor went on the lousy, stinking, lump of crap. I have a nutribullet now and it's great. but the cups will go brittle if you DW them.. They should replace them.

GladysKravitz Tue 05-Apr-16 19:57:34

I have had my nutribullet 18 months and the blades and cups go in the dishwasher daily. I had the same problem with the little plastic things in the beginning, but I think it was caused by DH pushing the cup down (so it starts blending) and then walking off, rather than stand there holding it down and taking the pressure off the plastic bits, because he stopped doing it and we've had no problem since. I contacted Nutribullet on facebook and they were very helpful, sent me out a new cup straight away.

hettyGreek Wed 06-Apr-16 08:07:38

Nutribullet are saying it will be 3.99 + 1.99 to replace each jug. So more expensive than ebay! Totally ignoring that it has a two year guarantee! Debenhams haven't replied.

Arrg I hate companys that make you chase for what your entitled to. I've taken all the photos shown them whats broken, shown them the receipt that its under warentee - just send me the new jugs and dont try to charge me!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now