to be a little bit smug?

(21 Posts)
MummySparkle Tue 05-Apr-16 00:23:31

I just settled DD down in her cot. She was still fussing a bit, but would go to sleep. Got to my room and realised I'd left my phone on a folded blanket in the middle of her room. Operation 'Retrieve Communications Device' began.

First I silently crawled into the room behind the solid headboard of the cot and reached in with a coat hanger to slide two board books out of the way. Then I began to inch the blanket towards me with the end of the coat hanger. It's a quilted blanket, so no holes to stick the end of the hanger into for leverage. Once it was close enough I reached forward and pulled it towards me just enough to reach my prize phone. Then I reversed out of the room on my tummy and stood up before creeping back along the corridor to my room. All without her noticing.

I have to say that I'm feeling more than a little pleased with myself grin

MattDillonsPants Tue 05-Apr-16 01:00:23

Band of Mothers style!

BeALert Tue 05-Apr-16 01:52:10

Stealth boast? :-D

Bogeyface Tue 05-Apr-16 02:38:10

There are several things that happen to women when they become mothers. One is the ability to know whether it is your child crying in a room of 50 toddlers. Another is to be able to tell straight away whether it is your child that has filled their nappy in a room of 50 toddlers.

The best one is the fact that the second they exit the birth canal, you become a fucking Ninja! After 6 kids I swear that I could get to the PM during PMQs, write "I am a total cunt" on his forehead and be back at home with a glass of wine before anyone noticed grin

OrangeRhinoInTraining Tue 05-Apr-16 02:42:31

YANBU to feel smug. YABU to post about it and make me wake my DC by trying to snort with laughter silently!

ICJump Tue 05-Apr-16 02:58:12

bogeyface that would be fantastic

whothefuckhas5children Tue 05-Apr-16 03:14:51

grin

Wizzles Tue 05-Apr-16 03:26:00

Ninja-Mummy!

MummySparkle Tue 05-Apr-16 08:14:09

Oops! Sorry orange rhino!

And yes it was a total stealth boast grin in all senses of the phrase

Andrewofgg Tue 05-Apr-16 10:01:58

bogeyface We are all waiting for you to do it!

YouTheCat Tue 05-Apr-16 10:16:01

Well, you've said it now, Bogey. I await the youtube video. grin

bumbleymummy Tue 05-Apr-16 10:18:07

Brilliant grin

Andrewofgg Tue 05-Apr-16 10:18:36

Don't to put And I'm no better on Corbyn too. If a thing's worth doing it's worth doing well.

Andrewofgg Tue 05-Apr-16 10:19:12

* Don't forget

ProcrastinatorGeneral Tue 05-Apr-16 10:38:54

Bogey I'm liking your style. Could you do Osborne the week after, just to prove that they never learn from their mistakes? grin

Andrewofgg Tue 05-Apr-16 10:53:38

No Bogey don't trifle with underlings!

grapejuicerocks Tue 05-Apr-16 11:00:11

YABU to be a litttle smug. You should be a lot smug.

AdrenalineFudge Tue 05-Apr-16 11:05:34

What if the phone had rang?

<pisses on OP's chips>

grin

DramaAlpaca Tue 05-Apr-16 11:07:50

I've just read the OP with the Mission Impossible theme tune going through my head grin

Bogeyface Tue 05-Apr-16 15:38:21

I really should keep my mouth shut shouldnt I?!

And if the phone rings then you suddenly discover a previously unknown talent for gymnastics as you grab the phone and do one of those jumping roll things, back flip down the stairs whilst simultaneously answering the phone and chatting to your mother! grin

MummySparkle Wed 06-Apr-16 08:23:02

That's why I had to grab it! I knew I hadn't put it on silent, Thabkfully it's pretty much only ever DP that phones me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now