Talk

Advanced search

AIBU or is Dp a bastard for buying crumpets?

(38 Posts)
sleeplessinmybedroom Mon 04-Apr-16 08:52:43

I love crumpets a lot. Before starting slimming world I had them every day for breakfast. They're 5 syns each so they had to go. I've done well and almost lost 1 and a half stone. Still have a long way to go but it's coming off.

Yesterday Dp only went and bought bloody crumpets. He made some for himself and Dd for breakfast before leaving. Now the house smells of crumpet goodness and I can't have any. I know if I have one I'd crack and eat the whole packet. I've made him hide the rest.

PPie10 Mon 04-Apr-16 08:55:01

Er you're an adult, you can control yourself.

Griphook Mon 04-Apr-16 08:55:27

I don't know if your being light hearted but yabu, it's your diet not theirs. But I understand as someone on slimming world how hard it can be

Scarriff Mon 04-Apr-16 08:57:03

Fraid you have to get used to the idea that other people are not on your diet. Good luck!

sleeplessinmybedroom Mon 04-Apr-16 08:58:03

I am being lighthearted. I can control myself with anything else. There's tons of chocolate from Easter and crisps I haven't touched it's just crumpets and possibly Brie.

AuntieStella Mon 04-Apr-16 08:58:40

"I know if I have one I'd crack and eat the whole packet"

I sympathise totally with this!

My weakness is marmite toast. If I could just have two slices occasionally, I'd be fine. But if I start eating it, I end up having a whole pile.

I've really noticed how much longer tubs of butter last since I stopped.

justkeeponsmiling Mon 04-Apr-16 08:58:40

Helpful comment PPie confused
Well done on your weightloss OP flowers
I am currently doing WW, I feel your pain - definitely LTB!

jerry399 Mon 04-Apr-16 09:06:33

Herbal medicine can work for weight loss and some Exercise.

pinkstinks Mon 04-Apr-16 09:08:28

You can have crumpets on WW (filling And healthy) wink

BikeRunSki Mon 04-Apr-16 09:11:40

Could you ask your DH to save you the last one, and syn count it?

sleeplessinmybedroom Mon 04-Apr-16 09:16:19

Why didn't I know that pinks I would have chosen ww instead of sw.

That's a good idea bike then I can't eat the packet if there's only one left.

FeliciaJollygoodfellow Mon 04-Apr-16 09:22:15

You 'don't know if she's being lighthearted?' Are you serious? Of course she is!

No sure why all the po-faces OP. O am also doing SW and bought Costco Danish pastries.

I only ate one though <polishes SW halo>

Crumpets are useless if you can't drown them in butter. Save one for weigh in day and then have it as a treat.

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Mon 04-Apr-16 09:22:53

Have one and stick the rest in the freezer.
A diet wont work if you can't have a little of what you fancy. A crumpet is only around 100 cals as long as you don't smother it in butter or cheese.

Paul Mckenna hypnotises people to lose weight by getting them to visualise the food they are craving covered in dust and bits of hair. grin Does that help?

ThedementedPenguin Mon 04-Apr-16 09:28:00

You can get slim crumpets now and they are roughly 2.5 Syns each. That way you can have a couple and it might be enough?

I totally get you. On sw and only have 15 weeks to lose as much as possible before a wedding.
There's some things that I just can't have (pancakes). If I open th packet is eat the lot

Wizzles Mon 04-Apr-16 09:28:05

Total bastard! wink

Well done on your weight loss so far. Stay strong OP, you can do it. [low calorie treat emoticon]

God I could murder a crumpet now...

Wizzles Mon 04-Apr-16 09:29:15

I made roast potatoes for my DH who is supposed to be dieting so I really can't talk. blush

MyKingdomForBrie Mon 04-Apr-16 09:30:05

YANBU and now you're a bastard for making me think about lovely buttery crumpets..

shovetheholly Mon 04-Apr-16 09:30:32

Clearly you should cut up all his clothes into tiny pieces, smash his CD collection and wreck his bike/car.

grin

I had to watch DH eat lemon cake yesterday while I sipped chamomile tea. This may be influencing my advice.

GinIsIn Mon 04-Apr-16 09:31:59

YANBU. In fact you can have My first LTB. I might have to as well if DH keeps coming home with delicious stinky cheeses.....

sleeplessinmybedroom Mon 04-Apr-16 09:32:13

I wouldn't want to eat it unless it was smothered in butter and jam. I might make it my treat for losing 2st. Sod the takeaway.

Member251061 Mon 04-Apr-16 09:35:57

YANBU. It's easy to joke about having self control with food - I liken it to being addicted to anything really.
I would ask him to eat crumpets outside of the house - at his parents, work, cafe etc and to give you more support. If he doesn't agree to this, then leave the house when he is cooking them. I know how hard it is!!

AllPowerfulLizardPerson Mon 04-Apr-16 09:39:43

I like Member's suggestion.

Then we can all look forward to the thread 'I suspect my DH is going out to meet a crumpet' grin

ScarletForYa Mon 04-Apr-16 09:41:58

Crumpets are free on weight watchers 'no count'.

ProcrastinatorGeneral Mon 04-Apr-16 09:43:07

I'd take the hit on the syns, have two with some mustard and my cheese allowance on top and enjoy the fuck out of them. Still come in well under syns and the satisfaction of a belly full of happygrin

MattDillonsPants Mon 04-Apr-16 09:43:19

YABU for liking crumpets so much! They're like sponges! Awful things. Either rock hard or so squidgy and wet with butter they make me heave.

Is that a bit better OP? Have I put you off them? grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now