Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To think arcades are the worst places on earth!

(18 Posts)
time2shine Sun 03-Apr-16 21:49:44

Loud. Packed. Lots of strange guys walking around. Grotty. My idea of hell. But the kids love them. As I did.

I have four little ones and just spend the whole time convinced someone is about to drag them off. It's just such a surreal experience in those dreaded places. Dh just lets them wander off - even the one year old is six paces behind. I keep telling him it only takes a minute. He thinks I need to chill. Aagh!! Hate those places. And all to win 2p!!!!!

LindyHemming Sun 03-Apr-16 21:52:49

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

JassyAlconleigh Sun 03-Apr-16 21:53:00

Ghastly and scary.

Every single person looks like an abductor.

I hated them.

bertsdinner Sun 03-Apr-16 21:56:34

I liked them when I was about 8 and on holiday, playing penny falls or that grabby claw thing. I wouldnt go in them now, they always look a bit seedy and a bit dull.

IHaveBrilloHair Sun 03-Apr-16 21:57:29

Where are you that people all look like abductors, whatever one looks like? confused
I only really go in them on my holidays, or a day out at the coast.

TheoriginalLEM Sun 03-Apr-16 22:00:55

they are like ikea - a nice idea but in reality is hell on earth. Dd loves them of course but has progressed ftom 2p machines to the ticket fruit machines. All to win some bit of plastic tat you could buy for 50p but cost a tenner

Sparklingbrook Sun 03-Apr-16 22:03:07

Ugh YANBU. I can stand about 2 minutes then I have to go out. I always clutch my handbag very tightly too.

DSs like the 2p falls and the air hockey. hmm

molyholy Sun 03-Apr-16 22:05:31

Haha. We have been to Southport today and spent a small fortune in the arcade. Dd loves it. But I had to pay 20p to go the bloody toilet! There are alot of abductor looking types haha.

Sparklingbrook Sun 03-Apr-16 22:10:20

Oooh Moly did you get to the one that has the fab Ice cream parlour inside it?

UntilTheCowsComeHome Sun 03-Apr-16 22:21:07

Arcades are my favourite places <chav>

My dad loved them and as a kid I loved being with my dad in them trying to win teddies from the machine.

Now, I love taking the DCs to them, DH loves them too luckily. We can spend ages in there. A day at the coast isn't complete without time spent in an arcade.

gingerbreadmanm Sun 03-Apr-16 22:36:22

I share you're feelings on arcades. Even as a kid imusthavebeenboring never quite understood how putting a load of 2ps in a machine was exciting as in the end you win nothing.

I'm quite good at the stacker game though o don't mind a go on that if i have to go in blush

JassyAlconleigh Sun 03-Apr-16 22:41:44

Brillo they just did. The mirrors and dropping penny swishing noises and tinny creepy music reminded me of every horrible film I'd seen where abductors abounded.

They still frighten me and I'm absolutely ancient.

ShamefulPlaceMarker Sun 03-Apr-16 22:41:53

I grew up in rhyl. Arcades were part of my sat afternoon with mates grin
Now I'm not so keen

calzone Sun 03-Apr-16 22:45:06

My boys love them.

time2shine Mon 04-Apr-16 00:19:06

My kid always wants me to play air soccer. Trying to play that, keeping an eye on all the kids dispersing in multiple directions and holding on to my bag always makes life interesting!!

fatmomma99 Mon 04-Apr-16 00:30:21

The worst place on earth is the London Trocadero. When I die and go to hell, it's going to be like there. No daylight. Noisy, noisy, noisy. Expensive. Shite.

DiscoGlitter Mon 04-Apr-16 00:46:56

Bloody love arcades when we go to the seaside, it's all part of the experience!
Hand a cup of 2ps over to the smalls, and we all try and win our money back/come out with more money than we started with/ knock down the cheap plastic tat ornaments or bags of Haribo in there. grin
Nothing scary about them. Childhood fun!

HermioneJeanGranger Mon 04-Apr-16 04:49:44

Dp and I won £50 in an arcade last summer, having only spent £3 to play the game. It paid for our entire day out so we were pretty pleased grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now