Talk

Advanced search

Period boxes

(98 Posts)
DaveGrohlyousexyman Sun 03-Apr-16 21:39:41

Sorry, I know this should be added to FB shite but I couldn't find a recent thread.

Scrolling down FB I came across these very helpful 'period boxes'. You can even subscribe and get them sent to your work confused.

Now AIBU or is there actually a market for this?

ouryve Sun 03-Apr-16 21:41:03

Seems a rather expensive way of doing it, to me.

CinderellaFant Sun 03-Apr-16 21:41:19

I'm having a hellish period right now...id love someone to send me a parcel with chocolate in it chocolate

ElderlyKoreanLady Sun 03-Apr-16 21:43:10

I saw this the other day. It's a 'thing' at the moment apparently. They should aim the marketing at men as a nice thing to do for their OH IMO. I don't know a single woman who'd use more than a couple of things in those boxes because they were on their period.

tametempo Sun 03-Apr-16 21:43:16

I've seen Youtubers review these but I can't imagine people would buy them generally. As has been said above, it's quite expensive.

JenniferYellowHat1980 Sun 03-Apr-16 21:44:33

Chocolate? How patronising.

MrsJayy Sun 03-Apr-16 21:44:33

I cant see whats in it all ican see its a fiver packet of bodyform and a galaxy is under 2 grin

BoopTheSnoot Sun 03-Apr-16 21:45:41

I find this utterly bizarre. I would rather go out and buy my own stuff in the required quantity than overspend on something like this, in the hope that it included enough stuff. And I definitely wouldn't want it delivered to work!

MrsJayy Sun 03-Apr-16 21:47:11

I cant imagine saying yaaay my period box has arrived

DramaAlpaca Sun 03-Apr-16 21:49:12

What an utterly weird idea confused

WetLettuce123 Sun 03-Apr-16 21:50:32

OMG I actually know the woman who started this business! I sat next to her at work years ago and she told me about this idea she had and how it would help women sending them a variety of products to cater for their "differing flow"- plus the chocolate. Why picking up what you need in boots/ the supermarket is so traumatic I don't know. Making out buying sanitary protection is embarrassing is harking back to the 1950s and just ludicrous!

WhatTheActualFugg Sun 03-Apr-16 21:50:55

Are those small bottles of body wash?!?! shock

Because we only need to shower when we're on our periods. hmmgrin

GlitteryShoes Sun 03-Apr-16 21:52:55

I had one for a while - pink parcel - it was great, loads of supplies ( I had to stop the box as I had so much) but lots of beauty stuff that made it great value too. It was a big box- definitely 'yay' when it arrived.

Dollymixtureyumyum Sun 03-Apr-16 21:54:01

Are we also meant to shower when not on our periods? shock
That's why my colleagues only sit near me one week out of four grin

BoopTheSnoot Sun 03-Apr-16 21:54:06

I'd rather choose the products for any "differing flow" requirements! I've been buying this stuff since I was 12, I'm sure I'll continue to cope without having it delivered to me. The face masks baffle me. Why do you need a face mask while you're on your period?

MrsJayy Sun 03-Apr-16 21:54:24

My friend wanted to make her Dd a specialsparkly bag to take to school with nice bits i said please dont do that

WhatTheActualFugg Sun 03-Apr-16 21:54:29

I fear for the future of genuinely helpful subscription businesses wine and chocolate if the plethora of rather less useful subscription businesses continue to flood the market.

DaveGrohlyousexyman Sun 03-Apr-16 21:56:30

They have a website MrsJayy. Blurred the link out as I didn't think it would be allowed. Will try and pm you it.

TheoriginalLEM Sun 03-Apr-16 21:56:38

oh where is the fb shite sellingvthread - this might ein!

MrsJayy Sun 03-Apr-16 21:57:57

I have found the website going to puruse

DaveGrohlyousexyman Sun 03-Apr-16 22:02:18

Ah maybe not. Sorry I've just realised that I don't actually know how to pm! I,ll post the unedited pic with the website address on. Should give you more of an idea what you actually get for your money.

WetLettuce123 Sun 03-Apr-16 22:02:35

As if having a period isn't a normal part of life it now has to be turned into some kind of girly event.

DaveGrohlyousexyman Sun 03-Apr-16 22:03:45

Sorry MrsJayycross posted there blush.

MrsJayy Sun 03-Apr-16 22:05:20

Thats ok smile

Sparklingbrook Sun 03-Apr-16 22:08:36

That's really unnecessary isn't it? Just stick it all on your online shopping order. Job's a good 'un.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now