Talk

Advanced search

Seems its bonfire weather

(12 Posts)
BeyondTellsEveryoneRealFacts Sun 03-Apr-16 18:49:41

Yes, i'm being irritable, but meh.

Back gardens back onto mine, one has a bonfire. My bedroom window needs to be open as i have a wonky autonomic nervous system and need fresh air (dont want to be accused of drip-feeding that bit!) so now my house stinks of smoke.

Mean people enjoying nice-ish weather angry grin

PsychoSyd Sun 03-Apr-16 19:04:21

Seems it's also chainsaw weather. Next door has had theirs going for three hours. Grrr... angry

BeyondTellsEveryoneRealFacts Sun 03-Apr-16 19:12:46

Ha, its raining now. That'll learn 'em grin

I hope the rain reaches you and the chainsaw soon!

BatmanLovesLarry Sun 03-Apr-16 19:15:12

Had to get all my washing in this afternoon because someone's got a bonfire going, the gits sad

BeyondTellsEveryoneRealFacts Sun 03-Apr-16 19:23:16

Our washing hasnt got as far as the line yet, and already my line-drying is being ruined!!

HelenaDove Sun 03-Apr-16 19:26:11

Quote from my dad.

"Every year at the start of spring some bloody cunt always lights a fucking fire"

Yes those were his actual words grin

twofingerstoGideon Sun 03-Apr-16 19:30:29

My neighbour has a bonfire at least once a month. She builds it 2m from my back door, usually on a day when the wind is blowing strongly in the direction of my house, and has set off my smoke alarms more than once. Cow.

StillStayingClassySanDiego Sun 03-Apr-16 19:33:53

We have a garden fire to burn the cardboard but only do it Autumn/winter and at late afternoon at that.

Now we're Spring/Summer we don't, we recognise people are using the garden more.

I saw a close neighbour burning a huge amount in their garden on Thursday and it was beautiful,warm and sunny round here.

Very inconsiderate.

MintyLizzy9 Sun 03-Apr-16 19:38:15

Are you talking about my neighbours OP? I looked out the window earlier and thought no fucking way is that a bonfire he's building its massive...no he's just finally decided to clear the junk yard garden. Went out for a couple of hours and came back to the towering inferno about 3 foot from my fence and the house stinks. Twats angry

BeyondTellsEveryoneRealFacts Sun 03-Apr-16 19:53:51

Cant be minty - its backing on to my fence!!

Bunch of arseholes. Helena, your dad has a way with words grin

kelper Sun 03-Apr-16 19:58:11

Yanbu. Someone has had a bonfire going in the road next to mine all bloody winter, its really irritating.
Out the front of my house smelled like someone was smoking fish earlier, which is a smell i love, however out the back it smelt like someone was burning fucking plastic and tyres, not so nice 😡

Muddlewitch Sun 03-Apr-16 20:00:13

We've had two bonfires round here in the last week or so, it stinks the entire street out.

I have quite a lot of stuff that I would like to be able to burn to get rid of, but don't because it's inconsiderate when you live close to other people. It's a horrible smell to try and get out of clothes once they've been covered in it too angry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now