Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Sorry to put it here. Forgot to take the pill.

(14 Posts)
Tallyloolah Sun 03-Apr-16 06:59:41

I usually take it before bed and last night I forgot. I have taken it this morning but I am confused as to when I should take the next one. It's Microgynon 30.

Whatthefreakinwhatnow Sun 03-Apr-16 07:01:43

Not an expert at all, but when I've done this (I also take at night) I have it in the am and then take it as normal that night too. I've no idea if this is the correct protocol but 8 months on and I'm not upduffed so it seems to work 😂

Fink Sun 03-Apr-16 07:02:12

Take the next one when you normally would (i.e. before bed this evening). But you might want to use condoms too just to be on the safe side.

Tallyloolah Sun 03-Apr-16 07:03:51

Fortunetly (however bad that sounds!) , I am currently in a long distance relationship and won't be seeing him till Friday, so as long as I keep remembering and from the looks of it take the next one tonight? Should be fine then?

BertrandRussell Sun 03-Apr-16 07:08:36

You should probably use a condom for the rest of this "packet "

But I'm a belt and braces kinda gal.............

Tallyloolah Sun 03-Apr-16 07:10:01

theres one tablet left i just noticed.

Tantrictantrum Sun 03-Apr-16 07:15:07

Don't you have the leaflet that goes with the tablets? That should tell you what to do.

AristotlesTrousers Sun 03-Apr-16 07:19:55

I seem to remember there's a 12 hour grace period with Microgynon, so you've done the right thing. Just take your next one when you normally should, and you should be okay.

elspethmcgillicuddy Sun 03-Apr-16 07:20:35

If you are in the last week then take your next tablet when you normally would (ie bedtime) then when you finish the pack don't have your 7 day break. Start the new pack straight away and have your break at the end of that. No need for condoms or emergency contraception.

Tallyloolah Sun 03-Apr-16 07:23:37

Yeah I would have checked the leaflet but no idea where it has gone, and was getting conflicting google results. So figured best to ask here. I was planning to run the packs together cause of the timing of his next visit anyway blush

HopelesslydevotedtoGu Sun 03-Apr-16 07:26:55

www.fpa.org.uk/contraception-help/combined-pill

* Missing one pill anywhere in your pack or starting the new pack one day late is not a problem. You will still have contraceptive cover.*

Read more at www.fpa.org.uk/contraception-help/combined-pill#Pleb8m6ez0429OPp.99

Official advice from the family planning association

moomin11 Sun 03-Apr-16 07:27:13

www.medicines.org.uk/emcmobile/medicine/3440

claireL1991 Sun 03-Apr-16 07:27:38

I had those pill before I got preg (planned, not because I messed up!)

If you forget one then you take it when you remember and then carry on as normal but take precautions for the next 7 days just in case.
You should be good to go by next weekend wink

moomin11 Sun 03-Apr-16 07:32:47

The link above is specifically for microgynon 30 - if you're less than 12 hrs late taking it you're fine, more than 12 hrs late you need to use extra protection for 7 days.
Either way I'd start the next pack without a break just to be on the safe side.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now