Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to dump all of the crap in one place and issue an ultimatum?

(10 Posts)
MrsSippy Sat 02-Apr-16 16:07:47

Just been doing the housework and have literally tripped over a whole load of 'stuff' left around the place by my two DSs. These DSs are both in their early 20s, so the shit I've had to shift included car parts, tools, car cleaning chemicals, hobby stuff, clothes, muddy boots and a fucking Batman comic!!! I have dumped it all on the side in the utility room and I'm going to tell them that whatever is still there at 9am on Monday morning will be taken to the tip - AIBU??

LindyHemming Sat 02-Apr-16 16:08:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Greyponcho Sat 02-Apr-16 16:31:04

Jeez, YANBU. If anything, you're doing their future partners a massive favour by not letting them get away with being men-children leaving their toys all over the place for someone else to tidy for them.

Topseyt Sat 02-Apr-16 17:02:58

Not unreasonable at all. Do it.

My DH is rather a hoarder, so I am tempted often on this score. Have even done it on occasion.

ScarletForYa Sat 02-Apr-16 17:05:53

Car parts?

angry

Yanbu!

NeedACleverNN Sat 02-Apr-16 17:11:14

Yanbu!

MrsSippy Sat 02-Apr-16 18:29:55

Thanks for the resounding vote of approval grin

The ultimatum is out there - and apparently some of it is DHs!!! (two spirit levels and a towing bar!!)

However, as yet, none of it has moved angry

averylongtimeago Sat 02-Apr-16 18:41:11

If this is too work, you will have to go through with it.
Have done the same, but the ds was 6 and it was Lego after I trod on it

MrsSippy Sat 02-Apr-16 18:51:23

Oh I will go through with it - I've told them that I don't care what it is or how much it cost, if they can't be arsed to look after it it's obviously worth nothing so off to the tip it'll go!

Greyponcho Wed 06-Apr-16 18:33:11

Did the tip trip happen in the end?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now