Talk

Advanced search

To wonder where all the crap comes from?

(8 Posts)
StuRedman Sat 02-Apr-16 15:02:49

We've just done the big toy sort out. I've managed to get rid of bags and bags of tat. Most of it has just randomly appeared and I have no memory of buying it.

We got the Doctor Who magazine for ds1 for a few years and a lot of it came from there, tiny daleks and half sets of playing cards etc. Some of it was obviously Happy Meals toys. But the bulk of it? No idea where it came from.

Do plastic crappy toys breed? I'm starting to think they do.

StuRedman Sat 02-Apr-16 15:34:46

Just me then grin

Hamishandthefoxes Sat 02-Apr-16 15:36:11

No, me too. We have frappe bits of paper as well which are so important and then screwed up at the bottom of DD's bed. I'm never sure whether that is actually their purpose or not.

StuRedman Sat 02-Apr-16 15:37:51

Oh god yes the screwed up paper. Not so much in the 4yo's room but Dd is 11 and most of her mess is important discarded scraps of paper.

CigarsofthePharoahs Sat 02-Apr-16 15:41:07

We had some major work done on our house yesterday. My Mum and I were tidying out my two sons room after the work was done.
Good grief! I knew the room would need a clean due to dust - though the workmen had been pretty good, but boy did I find a tonne of crap too! Both my children seem to have a "tearing paper and then hiding it" obsession and the handfuls of old broken toys I found had to be seen to be believed. It's not as if I don't clean the room on a weekly basis either!
And yes, most of it I also had no idea of the origin.
However - I also tidied up the box room where I keep my craft stuff and the remnants of my old sewing business. My sons room was a perfect haven in comparison!

StuRedman Sat 02-Apr-16 16:34:40

We've swapped the boys' rooms around so now ds1 (13) has the smaller room. All he wants in there is his bed, drawers and pc desk. So he's 'kindly' donated all his crap to DS2. Oh my god, so much crap.

I'm not even going to start on the study yet. It currently houses three book shelves, a unit full of boardgames and the elderly pc that no one uses. And piles and piles of probably unwanted stuff. I tend to just shut the door and not think about it.

LoisWilkersonsLastNerve Sat 02-Apr-16 17:56:27

Yes they breed. They have little plastic tat babies. A leaflet explaining tat sex should be included with those Bounty packs you get in hospital.

Solongtoshort Sat 02-Apr-16 18:21:24

My Fil, my mum and sister shower my ds with crap, peppy pig / Thomas the tank and fireman Sam magazines, kinder eggs those £1 metal cars and just crap like that drives me crazy. As he is getting more into Lego those silly little bags are creeping in to our house too.

Not only is he too young for these Lego bits but l have dreams of sneaking into there homes and putting the Lego on their bedroom floor when they are asleep then shouting to wake them up so they jump out of bed and stand on it.

I have told them to stop, if the persist l may be forced to do my Lego scatter........

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now