Talk

Advanced search

to be annoyed with mum

(7 Posts)
mandy20256 Fri 01-Apr-16 10:26:47

Please tell me if Ibu.
My mum has my children a couple of days a week while I work which I pay her for but she only had to have them for a couple of hours today. But she done her back in and said she's in agony which I feel for her and she said she can't have the kids. Which again is fine.
So I arranged other childcare arrangements
Only to then talk to her today and she said she's stil in pain but going out with my sister. Who has 2 children.
AIBu to be annoyed and a little upset?

pinocchiosnose Fri 01-Apr-16 10:36:13

I think yab a bit u . Surely your sister will be looking after her children when they're out ? I have inflammatory arthritis and some days I just can't look after my dcs alone but I have gone out with dh or my mum with them and they do any lifting etc for me . What age are your dc?

AgathaMystery Fri 01-Apr-16 10:37:52

If it was a formal childminder & I'd juggled like mad to arrange cover I'd be livid TBH. It's hard that it's your mum even though you pay her. YANBU to be ticked off. I get it.

Fairenuff Fri 01-Apr-16 10:39:35

Of course YABU. She is not in sole charge of your sister's children like she would be with yours.

Shutthatdoor Fri 01-Apr-16 10:43:33

YABU. Difference is your DSIS is looking after the DC not your DM. Completely different.

mandy20256 Fri 01-Apr-16 11:34:16

No chances are my mum will be sorting her children out.
That's why my sister goes out with my mum

Fairenuff Fri 01-Apr-16 11:36:27

Your dsis will be there too though right?

Or did you want to leave your children in the sole company of a woman in pain and presumably with restricted mobility?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now