I mean, really?! *warning: first world problem*

(85 Posts)
LittleLionMansMummy Fri 01-Apr-16 09:20:38

I have resorted to this. The whole pile can stay there until dh moves it. What is so difficult about putting dishes in a dishwasher, rather than stacking them beside the sink for me to do it?

The dishwasher is currently empty, it is not full of clean or dirty dishes, so that can't be used as an excuse.

Note - I am pregnant, so may be overreacting. But in my defence this happens all the bloody time.

Salmotrutta Fri 01-Apr-16 09:21:57

Much simpler to kill him.

EatShitDerek Fri 01-Apr-16 09:22:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TypicallyEnglishMustard Fri 01-Apr-16 09:22:40

That is profoundly stupid. Why put dishes next to the dishwasher, rather than actually inside it?!

MrsJayy Fri 01-Apr-16 09:23:20

Drives me nuts i am often roaring like a loon at my lot to put stuff in or <gasp> maybe empty the dishwasher so there is no dishes

ABetaDad1 Fri 01-Apr-16 09:24:39

We have a rule in our house. Kitchen surface has to be completely clear before we go to bed.

MrsJayy Fri 01-Apr-16 09:24:53

Loving your note btw just leave it is it laminated grin

EponasWildDaughter Fri 01-Apr-16 09:25:15

YANBU

I know for 100000% sure this would happen in our house if we ever had a dish washer. It's the main reason why i don't want one.

Caprinihahahaha Fri 01-Apr-16 09:25:22

I left a really rude not above the dishwasher once . It was for my DH and older DC.
Unfortunately my cleaner scribbled sorry on it as she thought it was for her. I felt awful.
She did see the funny side when I apologised.

FeliciaJollygoodfellow Fri 01-Apr-16 09:25:34

My note would have been a lot less polite than that and more to the point.

But then I can't complain, I'm the lazy twat that doesn't put things the dishwasher in this house blush

cuntinghomicidalcardigan Fri 01-Apr-16 09:26:13

I hate this. Every morning dh gets up from the table, walks PAST the dishwasher and wanders off to do whatever. It gives me the rage. The only reason he survives is that he is very good at bringing in coal and wood for the fire from the place formerly known as the shed, know known as the home of the great big hairy what the fuck is that! spider

LittleLionMansMummy Fri 01-Apr-16 09:28:45

Yep, my note - currently unlaminated. I got downstairs, saw there was no bread left for a slice of toast, turned around and saw this pile! I was raging.

So, should I LTB?

Chasingsquirrels Fri 01-Apr-16 09:28:46

I tell my kids to put stuff in the dishwasher after every meal. They are 13 and 10, how many times must I have said it?
Tbf the 13yo pretty consistently does, but the 10yo?
Is there a dishwasher fairy? No - he has to come back and do it. So why not do it when you take them there in the first place!

And as for emptying it when it's been on and finished and they have breakfast dishes to put in.

Argggghhh

OpenMe Fri 01-Apr-16 09:32:20

Ds1 gets up first and empties the dw everyday. Then he gets to fiddle with his phone for a while before school. (not allowed in bedrooms) Who says gadgets are all bad grin

LittleLionMansMummy Fri 01-Apr-16 09:32:44

Oh yes, emptying it is another matter entirely. I've tried leaving it but the dirty dishes continue to stack up beside the sink because the dishwasher is still full and he can't be arsed to empty it first.

It infuriates me because he's not usually a useless prick when it comes to housework but he's seemingly completely deaf on this subject.

LottieDoubtie Fri 01-Apr-16 09:32:51

My DH does this and then infuriatingly claims he doesn't. I think he forgets, genuinely believes he's done it and is validated by the fact that they are always gone by the time he goes back in the kitchen (I put stuff in every time I walk past...)
It's infuriating but it is better than doing the washing up myself so to the poster with no dishwasher don't be put off!

Ohfuckaducky Fri 01-Apr-16 09:34:10

DawnOfTheDoggers Fri 01-Apr-16 09:35:59

MrsJayy Fri 01-Apr-16 09:36:38

Dried in weetabix could build houses

nutbrownhare15 Fri 01-Apr-16 09:37:13

Get him to read the blog 'my wife left me because I left my dishes by the (google it). It might do the trick.

fortifiedwithtea Fri 01-Apr-16 09:37:54

YANBU Sadly your note will only work for a short time before the family get a sort of notice blindness. I tried to train my family with notes many years ago. Success was short lived.

nutbrownhare15 Fri 01-Apr-16 09:38:30

by the sink

SawdustInMyHair Fri 01-Apr-16 09:40:11

God, my DP does this too! I've started saying "the dishwasher's empty/dirty now" as if I'm doing him a favour, but honestly! We leave ours open so he can SEE it's possible.

What is it about the way we (as a society) raise boys that they can't cope with things like this?

OpenMe Fri 01-Apr-16 09:41:34

My mum has always refused to have a dishwasher. My gran had a very early one in the 1960s. Prior to that, the washing up was the only "housework" the men in that very working class northern family of it's time ever did. After the arrival of the dw, they didn't even do that. Were apparently unable to learn how to load it so things came clean (which wasn't easy as I recall)

Anyway, mum wasn't going to make that mistake..

LittleLionMansMummy Fri 01-Apr-16 09:46:01

fortified I have a two-pronged approach to deal with that. First, I have posted it to his Facebook news feed. Second, I have posted here to enable him to comprehend the stupidity of his actions. My theory is that I can humiliate him into putting the fucking dishes in the dishwasher.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now