Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to think that 10pm on a Thursday night is not the right time for guitar practice?

(5 Posts)
coralpig Thu 31-Mar-16 22:21:24

I'm visiting my parents who live in a row of terraces. We get on quite well with our neighbours- we aren't close but historically very few issues at all. I have an early start tomorrow. For the last 2 hours somebody on the other side of the wall has been practising the same jingle on the guitar. It's loud enough to hear through the wall and the walls aren't excessively thin (1960s style ex council house). It is driving me nuts. I'm slowly losing my mind.

AIBU to think this is inconsiderate when you live on a terrace?

BackforGood Fri 01-Apr-16 00:32:36

I don't think 10.20 is too late, tbh.
I think it comes with the territory of living in a terraced house. If they weren't playing the guitar then would you consider it too late to be listening to music, or watching TV? What about if their washing machine were on, or if a baby were crying?

Do you parents normally go to bed before this time? That would affect it as well - I know my neighbours are usually up and about the same sorts of hours as us, so I wouldn't be bothered at hearing general living sounds until we normally go to bed, no.

MadamDeathstare Fri 01-Apr-16 01:14:27

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

my2bundles Fri 01-Apr-16 10:25:12

10 pm is really not that late, is it acoustic or an electric plugged into an amp? I practise my acoustic at that time and when learning you really do need to practise the same part over and over.

Popskipiekin Fri 01-Apr-16 11:09:15

I'm with you on this one coral. We get a lot of neighbourly noise but we have very thin walls - can hear tv, talking - so we would normally just quietly stew and try to get on with it (unless it's really loud music and after midnight and on a weekday, then we consider all sorts of brave non-British confrontation which we never actually carry through). DH goes down to sleep on the sofa if it's really bad.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now