Talk

Advanced search

To ask if there's anything about your appearance that you dislike but other people may not notice?

(86 Posts)
WalkingBread Thu 31-Mar-16 21:13:34

For me it's ears, small but not a perfect shape. Wish I had the £££ and nerve to get them fixed but in reality most people probably don't notice them.

Used to really get me down though.

AIBU to ask if you have any physical flaws you dislike but people generally wouldn't notice unless it was pointed out?

Alasalas2 Thu 31-Mar-16 21:15:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ScarletForYa Thu 31-Mar-16 21:16:07

My nose is not symmetrical. It bothers me. I'm quite fixated on symmetry.

irregularegular Thu 31-Mar-16 21:16:41

I hate my upper arms. They are fat. Not really fat, because I'm fairly small, but fat compared to the rest of me. Even when I was tiny they still looked relatively large, flabby, and shapeless. I am very wary of sleeveless and short sleeved tops, especially cap sleeves, and rarely wear them.

When I've mentioned it to anyone else, they think I am mad. Except my mum and sister who have the same body type.

Chillyegg Thu 31-Mar-16 21:17:38

My skin is have massive pores!

SallyDonovan Thu 31-Mar-16 21:18:27

I think I have fat eyelids.

Hassled Thu 31-Mar-16 21:18:28

My stomach. I had a pot-belly before I had 4 large babies, and now it's completely buggered. I disguise it reasonably well most of the time and am otherwise slim, but in my head it's a massive deal.

wheresthel1ght Thu 31-Mar-16 21:18:52

Yup due to almost but not quite breaking my nose as a kid it is bent but I don't have th £££ to do anything and I also have damage to an eye socket due to being a non to careful forceps delivery. I can see that one eye socket is higher than the other but most other people say I am being daft, but it REALLY shows up when I put my glasses on

PageStillNotFound404 Thu 31-Mar-16 21:19:47

Oh lord, where do I start?

My ears too OP. I always notice them in photos but as you say, most people don't.

My crooked teeth. Hate them. Can't afford to get them fixed. Have developed weird grimace-smile to hide them (if you've ever seen the episode of TBBT where Sheldon is under instruction to smile supportively at Raj...yeah. That.) TBF I suspect people do notice them more than my ears but are too polite to say anything. Most people don't go through life recoiling and shrieking "jeez woman, which evil dentist did you piss off?" after all.

TimeToMuskUp Thu 31-Mar-16 21:19:55

My eyes are differently shaped/sized; not twins, not sisters, not even cousins, more angry neighbours who fling dog shit over their fences at one another.

Nobody's ever commented on it but I see it.

SnakeWitch Thu 31-Mar-16 21:22:46

In my mind I have a hunch back but I suspect it may not look quite as bad as I think it does. I also think I have a very lop sided face. I pretty much loathe every aspect of my appearance!

CantWaitForWarmWeather Thu 31-Mar-16 21:24:24

I have dark circles under my eyes. Hereditary So they are permanent. People don't see them because I hide them with makeup.
But I know they are there and it means that when I don't wear makeup I'm always told I look very tired and/or ill! sad I panic when I have to see anyone with no makeup on.

When I have makeup on though and I've done all my eye makeup, it brings out the nice hazel colour of my eyes. smile

WalkingBread Thu 31-Mar-16 21:26:30

glad it's not just me then!!

Do you think people are more concerned with their flaws and defects to take time to study those of others?!!

MunchMunch Thu 31-Mar-16 21:27:05

I hate everything but the main things are: overhang, massively overweight and only 5ft, bad skin on my face, fine lank hair, rugby players legs and my humungus bingo wings

JaceLancs Thu 31-Mar-16 21:27:11

Broken veins on cheeks and freckles

Fink Thu 31-Mar-16 21:27:17

My top teeth two from the middle are pointed like fangs. My sister's and cousin's are like it too. No one else has ever commented.

Also, although this is less related to the topic, I am often amazed/disappointed at how I look fine in clothes but horrible naked, which counts as something other people wouldn't notice as they don't see me naked. I'm a bit mystified as to how I can look quite slim in a clingy outfit which doesn't offer any support (so it's not the clothes sucking me in), but really fat naked. I guess it's better than the reverse! grin

woody2976 Thu 31-Mar-16 21:28:21

teeth hence brand new braces! jaw which is also being fixed.

stomach but that's due to lack of self control. large nose too but there's bugger all i can do about that. need to learn clever make up techniques. My curly hair annoys me, would love straight, shiny, swingy hair!

MunchMunch Thu 31-Mar-16 21:28:37

I should add I keep my arms and legs covered so no one would really notice those but they would everything else.

Cookingongas Thu 31-Mar-16 21:29:41

I have a very small scar on my top lip. Hate it. Wear lipstick to hide it. Don't look at it if I pass a mirror, I can't bear to. I got drunk and cried to dh about it- 9 years together and he'd never noticed it. confused

Danglyweed Thu 31-Mar-16 21:29:46

My front false tooth shock fucking hate it, no one knows/notices but I know!! sad

WalkingBread Thu 31-Mar-16 21:31:37

Now I've started this thread I'm thinking that my teeth aren't great, they are v white but crooked.

Used to have a perfect arch but they have moved since having children hmm

almostthirty Thu 31-Mar-16 21:32:40

I have wonky ears. It's a pain when buying new glasses as I generally bend the arms ever so slightly to make it less obvious.

Stylingwax Thu 31-Mar-16 21:35:03

Thread vein, about 5mm, on cheek to side of nose.
Used to be the only thing I would always put makeup on before leaving the house.
Two kids later I can't be arsed but still think about it every day.

newmumwithquestions Thu 31-Mar-16 21:38:17

My eyes are different - it's like one eyelid overhangs more.
And another one here with permanent dark circles.

Fink Thu 31-Mar-16 21:38:34

Also, I have a weird permanent 'stain' on the middle of my bottom lip, which looks like I've been chewing the end of a biro. I have no idea if it's always been there, or if not how/when it arrived. I have a vague feeling it might be a side effect of anti-acne medicine I was on as a teenager, which also stained my front top teeth with a white patch (brilliant white as opposed to tooth white), although thise have shrunk so are now barely visible.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now