Talk

Advanced search

Today Programme - was I dreaming?

(14 Posts)
Twowrongsdontmakearight Thu 31-Mar-16 07:35:27

Or was there an article about Hobbit DNA and an interview with a long tailed tit?

I was dozing at the time and thought it must be April 1st. But then my phone said it was 31st March....or is my phone playing an April fool trick too??

CosyNook Thu 31-Mar-16 07:37:42

They were talking about Donald Trump, he's a tit smile

Toooldtobearsed Thu 31-Mar-16 07:41:58

You heard right wink

But only the lucky few have hobbit dna (dumbed down for special effect)

Twowrongsdontmakearight Thu 31-Mar-16 07:51:48

Bizarre!

bakeoffcake Thu 31-Mar-16 08:02:33

I've just woken up to them taking about a woman climbing Everest (I think) in summer clothes. I thought I was dreaming too.

Then they said she had hyperthermia and had to be rescused and I realised she was just a silly twat.

Iwantacampervan Thu 31-Mar-16 08:06:34

I've just woken up to them taking about a woman climbing Everest (I think) in summer clothes. I thought I was dreaming too.

This story was about a young woman who tried to climb Ben Nevis in shorts and trainers (snow still on the ground) without telling anyone where she was going - she was rescued suffering hypothermia.

Booboobedoo Thu 31-Mar-16 08:19:08

I heard someone make an impassioned defence of Donald Trump on the Today Programme a few weeks ago. It was very surreal.

It was only at the end when John Humphries said "Thank you Piers Moron" that It started to make sense.

SoupDragon Thu 31-Mar-16 08:19:09

Oh, hobbit is s nickname for one of the types of prehistoric humans. I assume it meant that rather than a possible reason for DS1's hairy feet...

Twowrongsdontmakearight Thu 31-Mar-16 08:35:35

But it's definitely 31st March today?

Eustace2016 Thu 31-Mar-16 08:49:19

I've watched films about those early human remains on youtube - sometimes called hobbit.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjMoQDTIzTY
There is a series - First Peoples - which is some of the best on this topic. The first one is at www.youtube.com/watch?v=lh2ynyRcHBo

bakeoffcake Thu 31-Mar-16 09:28:08

Iwant I'm glad it was Ben Nevis and not Everest. It makes her slightly less of a twit grin

SovietKitsch Thu 31-Mar-16 09:31:03

It was about Homo Floresiensis, NN hobbit

LindyHemming Thu 31-Mar-16 09:35:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Gubbins Thu 31-Mar-16 09:42:22

Haha, Booboobedoo. I switched on halfway through that piece and had exactly the same thoughts.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now