Talk

Advanced search

yes or know,?

(3 Posts)
HoppingForward Thu 31-Mar-16 00:29:59

It's been 8 weeks since I had DC dad removed from the family home for DV. It's been a long road for me but the first time DC had witnessed DV/more like emotional abuse.

We have 3 DC together. dd2 has point blank refused any contact with him, I've respected that but in place for her anger she takes it out on me and her sisters.

There is 1 more week of holidays to go and every night she kicks off, I've tried the softly approach with her,

SS and the police have bee involved in her behaviour, I support them but tonight I feel like saying "tag" I live in your child free home for the last week, go to work from there and you deal with her and her sisters.

Honestly, she is 11 and her behaviour is beyond acceptable, she has no phone due to her changing her password, forgetting it and blocking it, I've tried to be kind and let her use mine but she reads my messages...

pippistrelle Thu 31-Mar-16 06:42:03

It sounds like a really difficult situation for you. But also for her.

You're not unreasonable to be tired of poor behaviour from her, but she may not be unreasonable to exhibit it, given what she's gone through. I know you all have but we all respond to things (especially difficult things) in our own way. And at 11, she has all sorts of things going on anyway.

I'd suggest reporting your own post to ask MumsnetHQ to rename your thread header and move it to the best part of the site (possibly Relationships but there might be other more appropriate places) to get proper, useful and practical advice. There are wise people here who I know can help.

Good luck, OP, to you and your little girl.

wannabestressfree Thu 31-Mar-16 06:49:31

Get her a cheap phone so she isn't reading your messages.... it's not appropriate.
She is going to be angry. I have read your other threads. You just have to ride the storm for a while her whole life has been turned upside down.
Sending hugs. It will get better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now