Talk

Advanced search

subtle bullying

(5 Posts)
TheoriginalLEM Wed 30-Mar-16 22:07:12

i am convinced my dd is being bullied. i had a thread recently . spoke to class teacher - all seemed to settle. have tried to ask dd and she said all fine but something niggled.

fast forward to now and twice in last few days have had tears from dd as they are going on camping trip in june and she is petrified she would be in this girls tent.

my dd us very sensitive and clingy but actually really excited to be going which has surprised me and she is actually driving me nuts going on about gear and looking forward.

The trouble is i ask dd what the issues are and she can't really describe it but she is clearly scared.

am going to make appointment with head who has taught both girls recently and will be allocating places on this camp do absolutely no way is dd to be in her tent.

what should i expect them to do. class teacher has made all the right noises but im not sure her "little chat"has worked.

DingleberryFinn Wed 30-Mar-16 22:15:33

How old is your DD? I have seen the following books recommended on here before:

Bullies, Bigmouths, & So-called Friends)

Queen Bees & Wannabes

Unless your DD is going to talk about the problem then it's tricky, but I can remember that feeling of terror that if you spoke out you'd lose what little "friendship" or security you had at school. sad

wannadancethenightaway Wed 30-Mar-16 22:20:17

What age is she OP? Does the girl make veiled threats to her? Give your daughter examples of bullying and ask if any match and then get her to elaborate.

Then reinforce that bullies are horrendous cowards.

TheoriginalLEM Wed 30-Mar-16 22:22:15

dd is 10 but severely dyslexic. lacks confidence and has few friends. is very much a mummy and daddy's girl. This girls parents went through a messy divorce and her behaviour has always been an issue (heard this from the mother not playground gossip) . we don't really talk on playground now (no reason) so can't broach with mother i don't think.

TheoriginalLEM Wed 30-Mar-16 22:23:57

i also know (again from mother ) thst this girl has form for bullying.

what should i be saying to the school?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now