Talk

Advanced search

to think that actyally, why do mothers not get presents on the anniversaries of their births?

(96 Posts)
HookedOnHooking Wed 30-Mar-16 20:35:09

After all. It is us that does the labouring, Us that does the sweating, the bloody hard work, the pushing, the growing of the bloody human inside our bodies, the power, the splitting of our poor tender perineums, the entire bloody production!

Why do we not get any recognition every year?

So unfair.

HookedOnHooking Wed 30-Mar-16 20:36:16

And in honour of the above I would like to rase a very large glass and say

BLOODY WELL DONE MRS HOOKED.

Fleurdelise Wed 30-Mar-16 20:38:24

I had a friend that on my DS' first few birthdays always brought me flowers and stated "let's not forget who did all the hard work". I always appreciated her for doing this and now I try to do it also when I go to a child's birthday. if I remember

StarlingMurmuration Wed 30-Mar-16 20:38:36

I must admit, I do think I deserve a reward for the ruin DS's birth made of my body. But I suppose he is supposed to be my reward.

HookedOnHooking Wed 30-Mar-16 20:38:49

I love your friend.

HookedOnHooking Wed 30-Mar-16 20:39:23

Reward????

18 bloody years of DD2. Reward????????

Arfarfanarf Wed 30-Mar-16 20:39:33

grin
Nah. Not for me. I prefer to forget pushing two ten and a half pound babies out. I dont want an annual reminder. Or my kids giving me cards that say hey mum hope the episiotomy healed ok. Soz about the pelvic floor

Although if hallmark reads this thread; it'll happen...

Buckinbronco Wed 30-Mar-16 20:39:37

That's a good point. My lazy buggers didn't even try, instead sitting around waiting for 30
Hours of hard labour until their precious little limbs were lifted through the sun roof. They Did nothing!

HookedOnHooking Wed 30-Mar-16 20:39:58

My baby is 18 btw. 18!!!!!!!

iklboo Wed 30-Mar-16 20:40:11

I always have wine on DS's birthday wink

HookedOnHooking Wed 30-Mar-16 20:41:24

The bloody baby does diddly squat. Just sits there untill pushed or pulled out.

Why should they get presents?

WonderingAspie Wed 30-Mar-16 20:43:24

I've never thought about it, but yes! We should get some recognition! "No no dc, your presents come later, I'm congratulating mummy on a job well done again" child looks on confused. grin.

jaffajiffy Wed 30-Mar-16 20:43:42

I bought myself a lovely aquamarine ring as a Push Present for ds1. Matching earrings for ds2. I don't need it every year, just every time I get the jewels out and hope they distract from the ravages of child bearing

Fleurdelise Wed 30-Mar-16 20:44:02

Happy Birthday to your baby Hooked a glass of wine always helps.

DS will be 15 in July, I do feel like there is no appreciation on his side of my initial effort of bringing him into the world. I hope once he sees his DW when the time comes giving birth he may realise it grin

peachypips Wed 30-Mar-16 20:45:46

I always give my close friends a bottle of champagne/fizz on their eldest' birthday as a kind of marker of the anniversary of the day they became a parent. I think we should celebrate that too for sure!

Fleurdelise Wed 30-Mar-16 20:46:09

just to clarify, DS hasn't got a wife yet confused time to step away from the wine

BillSykesDog Wed 30-Mar-16 20:46:52

This sounds like an idea the world's worst nightmare MIL would come up with. Birthday? With your wife? And children? Nooooo, today is all about MEEEEEEEE!!

HookedOnHooking Wed 30-Mar-16 20:48:27

MY BABY IS 18!

HOW DID THAT HAPPEN?

cornishglos Wed 30-Mar-16 20:49:10

I don't want to be reminded of what I did either.

HookedOnHooking Wed 30-Mar-16 20:49:51

And admittedly my labour was an absolute doddle (25 minutes start to finish) but the next 18 years have been bloody hard work and goddammit i deserve recogntion. I do.

MrsMook Wed 30-Mar-16 20:50:03

It's taken me a few years to concede that the DCs were entirely worth trashing my body for grin It's a good job they're cute and loveable, because after all they did to me to manufacture and deliver them, I couldn't face sending them back.

Even now, as I wrestle DS1's school sweatshirt over his still extraordinarily large and knobbly head, both sets of stitches have a twinge. He was cruel to me!

(I do absolutely love the darlings really wink)

HookedOnHooking Wed 30-Mar-16 20:50:40

Not so much a reminder. It's recognition.

I did this.

Arfarfanarf Wed 30-Mar-16 20:51:53

Ha bill good point about the mil thing.
I can see the threads now grin

MrsMook Wed 30-Mar-16 20:52:00

Pelvic floor?
More like the pelvic basement. I refuse to stop jumping for the rest of my life though!

UmbongoUnchained Wed 30-Mar-16 20:52:27

Surely that's Mother's Day though isn't it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now