Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone bought a bra from Miss Mary of Sweden ?

(23 Posts)
KurriKurri Wed 30-Mar-16 15:33:10

Are they any good - they look quite nice, wide straps etc. but quite expensive.
What's the sizing like - do they come up big or small?

I'd never heard of them but keep getting ads on my FB page.

I need a nice bra with wide straps that don;t hurt my shoulders.

KurriKurri Wed 30-Mar-16 15:34:24

Oh FFS- wrong topic.

AIBU to ask 'has anyone bought a bra from Miss Mary of Sweden' [girn]blush

KurriKurri Wed 30-Mar-16 15:35:06

and I can't spell grin.I'm not gurning. <gives up>

SirChenjin Wed 30-Mar-16 15:37:16

You want to start again? grin

londonrach Wed 30-Mar-16 15:37:38

No but thanks for making me smile..grin

KurriKurri Wed 30-Mar-16 15:39:54

Is there a bras for idiots topic ? I may have to repost grin

SirChenjin Wed 30-Mar-16 15:44:41

Isn't Miss Mary the bras that used to be sold via newspaper ads with a pencil drawing of a woman wearing one - "without Miss Mary, with Miss Mary" - with the lumps and bumps magically vanished after the Miss Mary was worn? confused

KurriKurri Wed 30-Mar-16 15:48:26

Oh it could be SirChenjin - I've certainly got lumps and bumps that need to magically disappear, so Miss Mary may be the woman for me !

banivani Wed 30-Mar-16 15:51:33

I am Swedish and I've always wanted to know this. The drawing was fantastic in all the ads!

Mellowautumn Wed 30-Mar-16 16:30:48

Yes - I have bigg boobs and thier minimisers used to be one of the best you can buy. They are well made just a bit erh old fashioned in styling x

KurriKurri Wed 30-Mar-16 16:46:18

Thank you Mellow - I don't mind old fashioned styling - I'm after comfort smile

SirChenjin Wed 30-Mar-16 17:41:32

Just had a look at the website...so much comfort and practicality on one page <swoon>

If you do get one of their lump minimisers please report back smile

TattyDevine Wed 30-Mar-16 17:43:18

I had a Miss Mary "Panty Corsolette" once that someone passed onto me (new with tags) and it was made of got knows what but it took 2 dress sizes off me but guaranteed indigestion. Not sure if that helps! grin

Dawndonnaagain Wed 30-Mar-16 17:47:35

My grandmother used to get them via a catalogue. We giggled, she very calmly stated that there would come a time where we opted for comfort over everything else. I'm 57. I opted for comfort somewhere around 30! grin

QuestionableMouse Wed 30-Mar-16 17:47:39

I had one and found the straps were set too wide (and the straps themselves) were too wide for me because I have narrow shoulders. It also bunched weirdly under my bust.

Wish they worked for me, they're basically what I want in a bra! (no wires, mostly cotton!)

KurriKurri Wed 30-Mar-16 18:15:02

You are all selling them to me very well grin

They will fit in well with my sensible flannelette button up nighties, bootee slippers and massive pants.

Dawndonnaagain Wed 30-Mar-16 20:36:01

God I love a pair of granny pants Kurri! grin

SirChenjin Sat 02-Apr-16 11:29:05

Thanks to this thread I now have ads featuring a lady in a Miss Mary bra popping up on my MN homepage grin

KurriKurri Sat 02-Apr-16 12:51:52

Haha- that is karma for your mockery gringrin

I haven't taken the plunge(so to speak) with buying a Miss Mary yet - still mulling over comfort versus extreme upholstery grin

SirChenjin Sat 02-Apr-16 14:05:24

According to the ad (which is still there, thank you very much) "your total satisfaction is our mission" - I think that means you can relax, stop your mulling and put your bits in their safe hands grin

Pastamancer Sat 02-Apr-16 16:32:39

I've never heard of them but just had a look on their website. They have a crap size guide as it adds inches to the band so you get no support hmm

whathavewedonenow99 Sat 02-Apr-16 19:27:44

Just had an 'incognito window' (to avoid the pop up ads!) look at the Miss Mary website and saw the corsette things. One question. When you put them on under your dress, etc, how exactly are you supposed to go the loo? Do you need to completely undress or do they have poppers?

KurriKurri Sat 02-Apr-16 21:25:36

I think you have to hold it in until you get home whathavewedone grin

I am finding the sizes a bit confusing too Pastamancer

I'm glad 'total satisfaction' is their mission. My mission is to give everyone on MN Miss Mary pop ups grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now