Talk

Advanced search

That the nursery didn't change DD's

(83 Posts)
ginplease83 Tue 29-Mar-16 22:44:59

Nappy for 4 hours. I dropped her off at 8 and she wasn't changed until 12. She's 18 months and would have been changed twice in that time as she wees loads. They are normally quite chunky after her naps (TMI I know!)
Appreciate I've only got her though and they have others to change.
She's got nappy rash tonight 🙁
Genuinely I don't know whether to mention it to them tomorrow or just leave it.

UmbongoUnchained Tue 29-Mar-16 22:47:49

Depends on each child I suppose by I only change my 18 month old twice a day.

AndNowItsSeven Tue 29-Mar-16 22:48:08

Three hours is normal but maybe they checked her and she was still dry then?

Needle Tue 29-Mar-16 22:48:36

I'd be furious. Next time you drop her off maybe say something along the lines of "could you make sure she's changed as she's got some nappy rash today"?

pitterpatterrain Tue 29-Mar-16 22:48:39

Mention it - we had a day where they only changed our DD 2-3 times (can't remember now) all day and she had a really sore bottom

They were on top of it after that and kept pointing out how many changes were done grin

I felt a bit bad / embarrassed to mention it but tbh not sure why and I felt much better after the discussion and action they took

PotteringAlong Tue 29-Mar-16 22:48:41

4 hours between nappy changes if just wet is fine.

HPandBaconSandwiches Tue 29-Mar-16 22:50:42

Honestly, 4 hours is fine, unless there's some poo imo. After all they go 12+ hours at night well not my DD as she is allergic to sleep

Are they using different nappies at nursery? Could that be a cause of the rash? If it's your nappies you may want to switch brand. A nappy should hold wee safely for 4 hours.

If she's prone to nappy rash, just explain that to nursery and any decent place will schedule more frequent changes.

ginplease83 Tue 29-Mar-16 22:50:45

Very little chance she was dry, she drinks 10oz liquid before she leaves the house. She drinks 34oz a day! Very thirsty little girl.

GlitteryFluff Tue 29-Mar-16 22:51:32

I leave DS that long normally.
However he doesn't ever get nappy rash, so maybe his skin is less sensitive.
Did you change nappy right before you dropped her off? I suppose if you hadn't done it for a few hours then dropped her off then 6 or so hours is quite a lot though again I leave DS that long sometimes too.

ginplease83 Tue 29-Mar-16 22:52:59

No I provide nappies and wipes. Think I'll see what happens tomorrow normally she gets a change at 10am.
She does sleep 12 hours but her nappy is ridiculously heavy in the morning bless her.

Minshu Tue 29-Mar-16 22:53:17

She has a rash, so you have to mention it and gently ask that they check her more regularly. At my DD's nursery, she was changed every 3 hours or whenever dirty (usually).

BillBrysonsBeard Tue 29-Mar-16 22:53:28

I would mention that your DD is more prone to rashes so could they change more often.. My DS can easily go that long even when really wet so maybe they are used to that. No harm in mentioning! smile

Alisvolatpropiis Tue 29-Mar-16 22:55:26

4 hours is totally fine for the average child but if your daughter is prone to rashes then obviously it's not okay for her. I'd raise it with them.

LittleNelle Tue 29-Mar-16 22:55:29

Mention she has a rash, but most children would be fine in a wet nappy for 4+ hours.

ginplease83 Tue 29-Mar-16 22:56:04

Nappy changed at 7.30 when we left the house. She is a bit sensitive to nappy rash though probably because she's used to me doing her nappy quite frequently- I must do 5 a day.

Alasalas2 Tue 29-Mar-16 22:56:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Alasalas2 Tue 29-Mar-16 22:58:10

LeanneBattersby Tue 29-Mar-16 22:58:14

Just tell them she wees a lot, gets nappy rash, and needs to be changed more often than every 4 hours. I'm sure they'll appreciate you telling them. They won't want her to be uncomfortable.

My 16 month old can quite happily go for at least 8 hours without a change.

Vintage45 Tue 29-Mar-16 23:00:43

How would one 4 hour non nappy change give a child nappy rash?

Crazycatlady27 Tue 29-Mar-16 23:01:36

Definetly say something, just mention that she has a bad case of nappy rash at the moment and can they give her an extra change

ginplease83 Tue 29-Mar-16 23:01:44

Ouch your poor DD! It must be so uncomfortable for them.
I'll mention in passing to her key worker who wasn't in today when I see her in the morning conscious of not Being a high maintenance parent!

Alasalas2 Tue 29-Mar-16 23:02:12

Vintage45 Tue 29-Mar-16 23:07:54

Im quite shocked at 8 myself too. 4 hours not.. as in

Changed when up
Changed after lunch
Changed after tea
Changed before bed

That's normal

If your child is prone to nappy rash then I'm sure if you told them that they would change after 2 hours.

8 hours in a nappy is rather shocking.

arethereanyleftatall Tue 29-Mar-16 23:10:57

It isn't particularly shocking. Different strokes for different folks. If you don't pee much and don't get nappy rash, there's not much point changing it.
Isn't the whole point of the expensive pampers, that they keep you dry for yonks. May as well get the cheap ones if you're gonna change every few hours.

Vintage45 Tue 29-Mar-16 23:13:05

Yeah it is. who wants to be wearing a piss for 8 hours?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now