Talk

Advanced search

To want to go to bed

(17 Posts)
Pebbles16 Tue 29-Mar-16 19:42:37

I've been awake since 3.30. As a child I had a pathological hatred of not wanting to go to bed (at all) in the daylight (sorry don't know how to do the strike out thing). No one would really notice but I still have the feeling that going to bed in daylight is bad. My alarm goes off at 5.30. I just want to go to bed now (if I get my girl pants on and just do it I won't be here to respond). I'm not asking permission. But does anyone else feel the same about going to bed in the daytime?

MrsBertMacklin Tue 29-Mar-16 19:46:04

Yanbu. I have a silly fear leftover from childhood of missing out on something. I sometimes remember to remind myself that the only thing I've ever missed by going to bed early is an Eastenders cliffhanger.

KingJoffreyLikesJaffaCakes Tue 29-Mar-16 19:47:49

God, no!

I'll happily climb back into bed mid-afternoon for a sleep..
If you're tired then go.

jellyjiggles Tue 29-Mar-16 19:48:56

I'm in bed! Not feeling great and not sleeping well. It's the only place I get any peace with everyone at home.

cupcakesarah Tue 29-Mar-16 19:50:48

I've not been feeling well, so after work I went back to bed, had a sleep from 4-6.30
If you need to sleep, then do!

RubbleBubble00 Tue 29-Mar-16 19:59:22

nope, had lovely afternoon nap while dc3 had a nap

NoCapes Tue 29-Mar-16 20:03:17

I have a non-sleeping teething 4 month old and a 6 year old who has night terrors and wakes the 4 year old up - I could sleep on a washing line in midday sun given half the chance, wouldn't give a shit what I'm missing!
If you're tired, sleep smile

Queenbean Tue 29-Mar-16 20:07:56

I came back from holiday this weekend and it was my first day back at work today

I genuinely feel like I might die if I don't go to bed right away. Sort of all sick feeling like it's 3am

Pebbles16 Tue 29-Mar-16 20:14:05

Queenbean I hear you!
mrsbert I may miss England scoring a goal. It's a friendly though. Meh!
Sorry for not knowing how to properly tag

Queenbean Tue 29-Mar-16 20:17:57

There's no "proper" tag smile Most people put it in bold - go to the icons under the text box and you can bold or add * around the name

I hope you manage to get some sleep, day time naps are the best but only if they're a choice iyswim

Pebbles16 Tue 29-Mar-16 20:21:38

Queenbean I think my office might be slightly hmm if I had a day time nap (would be lovely though)

Queenbean Tue 29-Mar-16 20:25:51

Mine too, but a nap room would be the best thing ever!

liberatedwine Tue 29-Mar-16 20:32:10

Go to bed! Snuggle under that duvet and drift off to blissful sleep. I love getting an early night. My DH works nights sometimes, and I've been known to go to bed at the same time as my children.

BackInTheRealWorld Tue 29-Mar-16 20:34:28

No matter how tired I am I have to wait til a while after the kids are in bed before I go to bed. Not to ensure they are safely asleep, not to finish housework, not for any wholesome good mum reason - I just need to have a couple of child free hours before I wake up and do it all over again!

Handsup Tue 29-Mar-16 20:50:53

You have possibly missed Vardy's goal shock

Pebbles16 Tue 29-Mar-16 20:52:52

Thank you liberated. Duvet is snuggly. If anyone sees me on a post between now and tomorrow am feel free to shout at me.
Thanks all the MN people, "good night"

Pebbles16 Tue 29-Mar-16 20:55:17

saw the goal handsup. Can sleep happily knowing we are ahead (at the mo). He's fab. But that's a whole new post!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now