Breaking News: I actually don't know if I'm being unreasonable (neighbour's kids)

(9 Posts)
MrsTerryPratchett Tue 29-Mar-16 15:21:27

7.30pm yesterday. The neighbour's kids and a few friends were playing, I think, Star Wars. Lots of running around screaming and shrieking. Guns (water), swords (wood). Very loud.

DD was going to bed and she is a total PITA at the moment. So she is going on about the noise and saying, "they are hurting each other". Pure bed-avoiding drama.

At about 7.50pm I ask DH to go out and ask them to keep it down a bit.

Reasons I am U: They are lovely kids, I really like them and they are lovely to DD. Don't want to be a grumpy neighbour.

Reasons I am R: I wanted DD to sleep. First day of school after Easter tomorrow.

RudeElf Tue 29-Mar-16 15:23:04

No-one was unreasonable IMO.

TempusEedjit Tue 29-Mar-16 15:24:27

Yanbu. Just because it's not gone 11pm doesn't mean that a little consideration wouldn't go amiss.

waffilyversati1e Tue 29-Mar-16 15:25:14

ooo where are you in the country?! if your kids are back at school I might do a day trip cus we have WEEKS left...

YANBU really, nearly 8pm is not a super early bedtime.

MrsTerryPratchett Tue 29-Mar-16 15:33:45

No-one was unreasonable IMO. Dammit.

I'm in Canada so school dates are different.

MumOnTheRunCatchingUp Tue 29-Mar-16 15:35:17

Were they in The street or in their own garden? You have a whole summer ahead of you with kids playing out

FreeSpirit89 Tue 29-Mar-16 15:35:46

Kids will play, often without consideration for others. A childhood past time I miss greatly. Lol.

No one was UR.

Hope DD got a good nights sleep.

thanks

waffilyversati1e Tue 29-Mar-16 15:36:01

bah, I was hoping you lived somewhere fabulous and close with theme parks n stuff.

MrsTerryPratchett Tue 29-Mar-16 15:46:50

In the street (the their boy does try to get run over a lot) but their garden would be small for the lot of them.

DD did sleep in the end and got up in time so I should stop moaning.

Canada has lovely theme parks. And stuff. Come, spend money, the dollar is incredibly weak right now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now