Talk

Advanced search

Donation requests by name

(3 Posts)
Seeyalater Tue 29-Mar-16 01:10:32

Aibu or is this just rude?
An old friend on Facebook is doing a charity event and requesting donations from friends. BUT instead of generic "please sponsor me" type posts she has now three times written posts and tagged those of us who haven't sponsored her in the post, with a message such as "it's just been payday, so those who haven't sponsored yet please...."
It's starting to piss me off!!!

ProcrastinatorGeneral Tue 29-Mar-16 01:17:35

That's beyond rude.

There used to be an untag function on FB. Might be worth looking at, as it's nicely PA and prevents them tagging you again in that post.

I'd also let them know they're fucked for a donation now, as you don't deal with arseholes.

Damselindestress Tue 29-Mar-16 03:23:00

That's so rude! Saying "those who haven't sponsored yet" and tagging you is entitled. She shouldn't expect a donation from everyone, it's a personal choice and some people may not be able to afford it or agree with that particular charity. If she's a close friend I'd talk to her about it and tell her that , although she means well, she's going OTT and putting people off. If you're not close, I'd consider unfriending her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now