Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to think that Celine Dion

(11 Posts)
FlowersAndShit Mon 28-Mar-16 18:36:16

is very underrated? I find her songs so powerful - the one's from the 90's like falling into you, power of love, it's all coming back to me, think twice.

AIBU?!

RebootYourEngine Mon 28-Mar-16 18:46:19

YANBU if im feeling down or annoyed i will put on one of her big ballads and belt it out. It always makes me feel better.

AdrenalineFudge Mon 28-Mar-16 18:47:32

I agree, very much of the 'they don't make them like they used to era.'

DillyDingDillyDong Mon 28-Mar-16 18:48:49

I realised this one night a couple of years ago after a few too many drinks and decided to play her greatest hits and belt out each one. A friend decided to film me singing "Think Twice" and it got uploaded to Facebook. I've never been able to hear a song of hers without cringing since. blush

HackerFucker22 Mon 28-Mar-16 18:49:00

I wanted to see her when I was in Vegas (would have made do with The Killers or Better Midler though). I prefer her less played songs.... cannot abide the fucking Titanic song for example.

TheWitTank Mon 28-Mar-16 18:49:29

I don't think she's underrated - she has a hugely popular residency (long term) in Vegas that she consistently sells out. She just hasn't released anything for a while. I think she's very talented!

bornwithaplasticspoon Mon 28-Mar-16 18:50:06

Love her voice. She wasn't underrated at the height of her career. She won loads of awards.

HackerFucker22 Mon 28-Mar-16 18:50:27

Love "it's all coming back to me" - want to play it now!!

FlowersAndShit Mon 28-Mar-16 18:55:10

Oh God I hate "my heart will go on" ugh

honeyroar Mon 28-Mar-16 18:55:31

I heard her French songs first, while living in France, and loved them. Why do you think she's underrated? She's always been up there with the big voices, like Whitney.

Whisky2014 Mon 28-Mar-16 18:58:16

She did release an album 2 years ago and it's really good! Love celine!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now