Talk

Advanced search

examples of my mother

(10 Posts)
Faye12345 Sun 27-Mar-16 11:30:27

Me: k has booked the wedding. Shes stressing over bridesmaids
her: well if it wasnt you you wouldnt carry on would you? Just leave her to it

me: ex friend is coming out but were ok with each other
Her: well you wouldnt say anything would you? Dont say anything if she starts. I wouldnt just leave it etc

Me: mil coming over
Her: well leave her to it. Dont mention the wedding or fil.

Examples of my mother! Im not a shit stirrer why does she think i am? Controlling

heyhailey Sun 27-Mar-16 11:37:00

I think you've answered this for yourself op! My own parents can also be very controlling.

Faye12345 Sun 27-Mar-16 11:41:18

grin sometimes i just cant be arsed ! Lol

MegGriffin1 Sun 27-Mar-16 20:06:26

Does she think you're still a child ?

Faye12345 Sun 27-Mar-16 21:08:15

Yes she does hmm

imeatingthechocolate Sun 27-Mar-16 21:51:30

my mother used to tell people oooh don't say anything she will go insane she will go mental if you tell her! im one of the most relaxed people around why would she make out im not!

AnthonyBlanche Sun 27-Mar-16 23:06:38

Just nod and smile OP, and then do and say whatever you want.

Faye12345 Sun 27-Mar-16 23:34:03

I cant do that Anthony sorry she needs to know she cant control a 30 year old. Had it all my.life and ive got wise to it

BurningBridges Mon 28-Mar-16 00:28:11

Is this a continuation of a thread or do you lot all know each other, or am I very thick?! I can't understand the OP post?

CaoNiMao Mon 28-Mar-16 02:22:34

I have an 'Ooh, you musn't say anything' kind of mum too.

I remember listening to her and my two aunts talking in hushes tones about a photo album she had lend to their cousin. She wanted it back, but "Ooh, we mustn't say anything to her."

I piped up with "Well, how do you expect to get it back without asking her for it?" and they all looked at me as if I'd suggested firebombing her house or something.

Bizarre. Maybe it's a generational thing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now