Talk

Advanced search

To have asked for an extra half an hour in bed and expect OH to get up and get ready with the 2 children?

(14 Posts)
Tealtowel Sun 27-Mar-16 07:53:58

So we have 3 week old Bfed by me in our bedroom. OH sleeps in spare room and he gets up with the 2 year old. Hes is all round fabulous husband and parent, but this morning I just really needed an extra 30 mins sleep the baby is up all hours of the night and today is the only morning OH is home.
He said let him get ready first then he would take the baby. I said how long would that be he said 15 mins so I said dont worry as I had to get up at 8 anyway.
So Ive just got up and hes saying go to bed now he sees Im up and obviously a little grumpy that he could not care for both children and get ready like I do every morning.
Who is BU? Should I have not expected him to be able to do this?

Euphemia Sun 27-Mar-16 07:58:19

Why did you have to get up at 8?

MoggieMaeEverso Sun 27-Mar-16 08:09:23

You have a 3 week old baby and have been getting up every day with both children??

Tealtowel Sun 27-Mar-16 08:11:41

Were going to church this morning so I need to get ready get everything sorted and make sure we get put on time. Normally I could wait 15 mins.

Also aswell its his only day off he works very hard so maybe he should be able to get ready and at his leisure on his only day off..

Tealtowel Sun 27-Mar-16 08:13:13

Yes Moggie. That is because OH does work very hard and long hours. He is out the door by 6 we are normally up just after this.

araiba Sun 27-Mar-16 08:17:49

im not sure i really follow the op

dh offered to take care of the kids after he had got ready but you said no?

Euphemia Sun 27-Mar-16 08:20:49

Well you work very long hard hours too. Do you get time off?

Tealtowel Sun 27-Mar-16 08:21:13

Yes I said no to 15 mins nap. When I wanted 30 mins.

Which is why Im asking. I probably ak unreasonable I should just not expect a change in routine and stick to doing the children myself.

Hes going out of his way now to be extra extra helpful.
Im awake now too, got coffee so its no problem.

araiba Sun 27-Mar-16 08:23:42

stop being such a martyr

dh offered, you turned down the offer, this was all your choice. yabu

Ceeceecee Sun 27-Mar-16 08:31:47

I see why you are annoyed. He gets to get ready every day in peace albeit at 6 and you just wanted one lie-in. Those 15 minutes matter when you've got little ones.

Have a nap later.

arethereanyleftatall Sun 27-Mar-16 08:46:01

Sounds like a hard time for both of you ATM.
Neither of you were unreasonable.

3rdrockfromthesun Sun 27-Mar-16 08:58:06

Can he take both children out later for a walk and you have a nap? Tbh he could have done stuff for 30 mins whilst you napped and then got dressed once you were up.

MrsBobDylan Sun 27-Mar-16 09:10:51

My dh and I take getting up with the kids in turns on the weekends - I just get up and take them down stairs but dh always needs 15mins to get ready.

At my most sleep deprived, it does really piss me off, even though it's only 15mins, so I do understand!

DixieNormas Sun 27-Mar-16 09:23:15

I don't see why he couldn't have both dc while he was getting ready, what does he think you do every day?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now