Talk

Advanced search

To think you don't leave your music playing whilst you sit in the other room and watch TV?

(3 Posts)
Lockheart Sat 26-Mar-16 22:04:16

My father is a serial offender at Not Turning Things Off. Lights, lamps, computers, ipads, TV, music etc. This evening he's come through to the lounge and has been sat for half an hour watching the football whilst his music (which he can't be arsed to turn off) has carried on playing in the study. And he turned off the programme my DM and I were watching as well so he could watch the football.

I get up to pause it (for about the 3rd time today) and he shouts at me like I'm 6 angry. I wouldn't mind so much, but I'm the mug he rings up whenever anything breaks and gets to fix it because he doesn't look after any of his stuff. Last month it was a burnt screen on one of his laptops after he put it in his bag without turning it off properly and it overheated (yes, that could have been much worse than just a burnt screen. My parents are very lucky it wasn't.)

So AIBU to think you don't leave music playing for half an hour whilst you're watching TV?? angry It's not like he was nipping to the toilet or grabbing a drink.

CadleCrap Sat 26-Mar-16 22:07:29

My DH was a bit like this. he was watching TV in another room and I turned the radio off. He then shouted " I was listening to that".

Cheeky fucker. He has got better after we had a few words.

Lockheart Sat 26-Mar-16 22:15:46

Thing is he's not even listening to it. Pressing the pause button is just too much like hard work.

Unfortunately my father is not the kind of person you can have a few words with. He will always be Right because he is Man. Short of taking it off him (which I can assure you would not be well received) I don't know how to get him to stop. My DM was really worried by their electricity bill last year - she's trying very hard to save money - and asked him to pay more attention to turning things off (he has an Apple Mac in the study and I couldn't even tell you the last time he shut it down properly - it's permanently on or on sleep mode, like ALL his laptops and computers) and he just shrugged and laughed angry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now