To find MN advice so hard to follow!

(11 Posts)
AtSea1979 Sat 26-Mar-16 21:51:28

Been single a few months now and it's so bloody hard. I feel like there are happy couples everywhere, I know from reading relationships that this isn't the case but some times it's so damn lonely and hard to follow MN advice.

WellErrr Sat 26-Mar-16 21:56:06

Which advice are you struggling with?

AtSea1979 Sat 26-Mar-16 22:02:09

Sorry it wasn't very clear was it. Had a thread a few months back where I got ripped apart and told to stay single for a while and get some perspective. So I have a it's hard! Not that I am inundated with offers of a date or anything but I guess I have the want what I can have feeling.

WorraLiberty Sat 26-Mar-16 22:02:41

Not sure what advice you're referring to?

WorraLiberty Sat 26-Mar-16 22:03:45

X posted.

Were you advised to stay single for a while because you've just come out of a relationship?

WellErrr Sat 26-Mar-16 22:04:54

You don't have to do what Internet strangers tell you!
Feel ready to date? Go date!
Not quite sure? Wait a bit.

There you go smile

AtSea1979 Sat 26-Mar-16 22:05:46

Yes Worra that and a car crash ONS

Costacoffeeplease Sat 26-Mar-16 22:09:01

I think I might remember that thread - have you spent some time working on yourself/counselling/sorting out any issues, or are you just having a self-imposed period of singledom and waiting to get back into dating?

WorraLiberty Sat 26-Mar-16 22:09:46

Just do what you feel is right.

Also, it might help if there's someone in your real life whose opinion you can ask, because they'll actually know you.

I always live by the mantra that you have to be happy with just yourself, before you can be truly happy with someone else.

But that's just me.

AgentZigzag Sat 26-Mar-16 22:18:42

I can see what the advice might have been hinting at, that because you're lonely you might put up with tossers a bloke because someone is better than noone, but if you're not happy alone it'd stand to reason that you won't meet anyone by not going out!

It depends on how car crash the ONS was (ie how much it put you off), but you could just chalk it up to experience and see if there's anyone else out there worth your time?

AtSea1979 Sat 26-Mar-16 22:18:47

costa I've tried! However things out of my control are spiralling against me.
I have no plans to start dating but it does seem hard sometimes, probably grass is greener syndrome.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now