Talk

Advanced search

to hide these easter eggs and have them myself?

(17 Posts)
kitnkaboodle Sat 26-Mar-16 20:02:07

Kids will get 1 egg each from me and dh + egg hunt stuff. They also have 2 each from grandparents (chosen over money shock). Neighbours coming for lunch tomorrow may well bring more. SIL has just been round with 2 more. Dcs don't know and weren't expecting any from her. Shall I stash them for myself? I'm likely to get nothing tomorrow from dh ...? Dc are 11 and 13 - not little!

WorraLiberty Sat 26-Mar-16 20:03:50

No. They were bought for you children, not for you.

If you want some chocolate you can always buy yourself some, or do the decent thing and ask your kids if they'll share an egg with you.

I'd go for the latter personally.

Littleredhouse Sat 26-Mar-16 20:08:22

I would eat them personally! They won't miss them.

TiredOfSleep Sat 26-Mar-16 20:14:36

Could you give them the money? Would they be likely to thank SIL for eggs if they had received them?

kitnkaboodle Sat 26-Mar-16 20:14:42

Hmmm.. I might drip feed them ... see how long it takes dc to get through the first lot then suddenly 'remember' about them ...

MsJamieFraser Sat 26-Mar-16 20:15:19

Its chocolate, its not going to harm them, everything in moderation, even if it takes months to eat.

Ds1 still has unopened selection boxes from Xmas as do me and dh with 3 tubs of sweets and 2 boxes of niace biccies... they dont g out of date until 2017... they will last, if not bake with the goods.

VulcanWoman Sat 26-Mar-16 20:19:45

No, because SIL might ask them if they enjoyed their eggs.

OneLove10 Sat 26-Mar-16 20:21:31

What is it with all these threads tonight with grown women dying over chocolate. Just eat it if you want or not, you don't need permission from the Internet.

kitnkaboodle Sat 26-Mar-16 20:21:52

They prob wouldn't thank her personally as it's all v casual. I'll drop some choc over to her house tomorrow and wouldn't expect thanks afterwards. Is it really morally dubious?? How much chocolate does a kid need!?

vdbfamily Sat 26-Mar-16 20:26:34

Give them the one from friends and keep the ones you have got them if you think they have too many. They can just have the ones from the egg hunt.

VulcanWoman Sat 26-Mar-16 20:28:38

Yeah, I couldn't enjoy the chocolate if I thought I might get caught out, think I'd have to go out and buy some myself.

Onlytimewilltell Sat 26-Mar-16 20:29:57

Go and buy your own chocolate. How can you contemplate stealing chocolate from your own children! If they chose chocolate over money then they would want SIL eggs too.

IToldYouIWasFreaky Sat 26-Mar-16 20:36:24

DS has only just finished his eggs from last year. He's got 7 already, plus assorted mini eggs etc from the egg hunt and he'll get more tomorrow.
They're all HIS. They'll last and he'll share them with me, if I ask nicely enough...grin

It's just a bit off to steal from your kids, even if it is only chocolate.

ALemonyPea Sat 26-Mar-16 20:39:47

Depends,what eggs are there?

kitnkaboodle Sat 26-Mar-16 20:43:58

Crème eggs grin

WorraLiberty Sat 26-Mar-16 20:44:53

It's not about how much chocolate a kid needs.

It's about taking something that doesn't belong to you.

My friend lived with parents/siblings like that. Unless she wolfed down her Easter eggs as soon as she got them, someone else would take them and eat them.

I just thought it was really unfair and so did she.

kitnkaboodle Sat 26-Mar-16 20:49:37

I mean crème egg eggs, not just 2 little crème eggs, obv.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now