Talk

Advanced search

Neighbours again!

(18 Posts)
WoodleyPixie Sat 26-Mar-16 12:02:18

Jus having a lazy day and watching to, mumsnet ting and housework.

Then look up and see a group of people on our front garden. All dressed up and a bride! Having picture taken outside our house!!!

I assume it's our next door neighbour. Our house is nothing special in fact is a bit scruffy, 80's built semi detached. Probably has next doors cat poo on the grass as well.

Aibu to be a bit surprised that people who barely acknowledge us on a day to day basis just walk into our garden and use it for their wedding photos?

Seeline Sat 26-Mar-16 12:07:54

I'd start cleaning the windows grin

but no, you are NBU

Twitterqueen Sat 26-Mar-16 12:08:55

Can't you be glad they chose your house as a backdrop? And happy for the bride? What do you want to do? Go outside and yell at them for trespassing?!

Cocolepew Sat 26-Mar-16 12:11:05

Moon out the window

littleleftie Sat 26-Mar-16 12:11:12

Hose the bastards!!!!

GabiSolis Sat 26-Mar-16 12:14:28

This is bizarre! Why would someone do this without asking?!

lorelei9here Sat 26-Mar-16 12:15:00

is your garden really fabulous and theirs is not?

seems an odd thing to do.

NotNowPike Sat 26-Mar-16 12:22:32

Oooh pop out there and see why

Stillunexpected Sat 26-Mar-16 12:23:36

You "assume" it's your next door neighbour? Do you not actually recognise anybody in the group? I would be right out there asking what was going on.I might also warn them about the cat poo! grin

StillStayingClassySanDiego Sat 26-Mar-16 12:31:36

Go out and ask why they're there.

Go on I dare you grin.

WoodleyPixie Sat 26-Mar-16 12:54:39

I could Only see the backs of them.

Of course I'm not going out to yell at them. Just think it's bizarre.

I'd say their garden and house was neater than ours they have new cladding (upvc wood stuff) ours is old, their garden is gravel and paved. Ours is grass and an untidy border under the window.

I'm not angry just a bit hmm at them just going ahead and using our garden. If it's the photographers suggestion wouldn't you say oh they are in can someone just knock and ask?

OurBlanche Sat 26-Mar-16 12:55:09

One of them was born/brought up in your house, maybe!

I'd have asked one of the party, I couldn't have just let them go without knowing why!

WoodleyPixie Sat 26-Mar-16 12:55:19

They've left now. Hope the weather cheers up for them. It's miserable grey angry clouds and sideways rain.

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 26-Mar-16 15:30:13

Tempting to moon them though.

GingerMerkin Sat 26-Mar-16 15:44:01

I had this on holiday last year. Asleep in my apartment and heard noises outside. Found couple sitting on my patio preparing to unpack their lunch. Went out and gave them the death stare and asked if I could help them. They fled!

Ifailed Sat 26-Mar-16 16:13:36

couldn't you have held up a sign with "I shagged the Groom" on it in the background?

suspiciousofgoldfish Sat 26-Mar-16 21:00:50

Next time - sprinklers.

WoodleyPixie Sun 27-Mar-16 13:10:28

I'm wondering if the flash revealed dh lying on the sofa with his hand carefully cradling the Crown Jewels as is the default position for a man watching sport on tv on a Saturday afternoon.

Kind of feel a bit sorry for them now. The weather has been awful here all weekend.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now