Talk

Advanced search

To ask you for your most cringeworthy daydreams/fantasies?

(210 Posts)
Melbournemel Fri 25-Mar-16 15:03:27

I've always been a habitual daydreamer so I've had my fair share of questionable fantasies. Just sitting here watching Jesus of Nazareth and it has reminded me that as a teenager, I had a long running fantasy that Jesus came back to earth to save mankind and ended up renting an apartment beside mine and we fell in love confused He didn't tell me at first who he was, and then in the end, he had to choose between saving the world or staying as a mortal man with me. I'm actually cringing now thinking about it blush I've no idea where the daydream originated, I'm not even christian ffs!

So go on, now that I've embarrassed myself to the whole of mumsnet, tell me yours!

destructogirl Fri 25-Mar-16 15:28:17

grin that's awesome
Marking my place to read everyone else's.

BlueCheeseandcrackers Fri 25-Mar-16 17:55:16

What did he choose?! Did he stay with you?! 😃

musicposy Fri 25-Mar-16 18:25:21

I think I'd need to name change for mine, really. Let's just say I'm a mature student and it involves all the maths tutors. At once.
I even googled if they are legally allowed to do it blush. I am led to believe it is legal (I'm very much a consenting adult) but a tad unethical. grin

Guiltypleasures001 Fri 25-Mar-16 18:43:10

I had a dream last night that I was snogging that actor who,plays lucifer Morningstar on Amazon prime
Well snogging him in character obviously, oh it 'twas lush it twas grin

Bellatrixurstrange Fri 25-Mar-16 18:47:24

Both the Vampire Diaries brothers, Damon and Stefan at once. Then I get turned into a vampire as an encore. grin

SalemSaberhagen Fri 25-Mar-16 18:57:24

grin OP that's brilliant

YoJesse Fri 25-Mar-16 19:01:34

As a teenager I used to have lots of melodramatic daydreams set to the soundtrack of various 90s grungy stuff that invariably involved looking far into the distance and feeling desolate blush. Nowadays my latest fantasy was about meeting a normal healthy, nice man (who looks like Aiden Turner)on a walking holiday, our kids start talking (we are both single parents in this fantasy) and we all go for a pub lunch together. Things slowly progress from there. Double blush just because it's so sad and mundane!!!

ClopySow Fri 25-Mar-16 19:06:39

When i was about 12, i had a massive crush on a 15 year old guy.

I used to fantasise that i would be abducted and thrown out of a moving car and he would find me on the roadside and rescue me. If that's not fucked up enough, in the fantasy, he would also be the original abducter but i just wouldn't know it.

I'm sure psychologists would have a field day with that one.

Your one is so much better OP.

ClopySow Fri 25-Mar-16 19:12:40

Oh christ. Cringey memories are flooding back.

For years, i thought if a record producer just got a chance to hear me sing, i was destined to be a pop star.
I used to lie in the bath and sing really loudly with the window open on the off chance a record producer was passing. The odds of a record producer walking past my bathroom window in a housing estate in rural Scotland must've been pretty fucking high.

Getyercoat Fri 25-Mar-16 19:19:45

Mine are most likely too saucy to reveal here but at one point involved Dave Gahan and a vampire.
The Jesus one is the best!

AlpacaPicnic Fri 25-Mar-16 19:27:57

Similar to your Jesus one, I used to daydream that I moved next door to Christian Slater, then we fell in love...

I had a lovely one recently that I was on a Amtrak train, long distance and loads of the squad of the rugby club I follow were also on it. We got talking because they heard my British accent and then - well, smooching happened!

Patapouf Fri 25-Mar-16 19:52:22

Keanu Reeves, Airport toilet blush
He's closer to my nans age than mine grin

kylorobes Fri 25-Mar-16 21:17:22

Kylo Ren! ;-)

scarednoob Fri 25-Mar-16 21:43:54

I like to walk along with my iPod on, or drive in the car, picturing myself belting out a show stopper at pub karaoke (or the love band invites me onstage) whilst looking incredibly gorgeous. My ex just happens to be in the audience and weeps tragically into his pint for letting me go.

I'm nearly 40, too fat, have a baby so can't go to pubs at the moment, and can't sing... But I've been having the same fantasy (just starring different looks, songs and ex's) since I was about 14!

Lucylongcat Fri 25-Mar-16 22:03:41

Not a day dream, but an actual dream here. I once dreamed that Donald Duck was performing oral sex on me in the bath. I've never been able to watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse the same way again.

OnIlkelyMoorBahtat Fri 25-Mar-16 22:18:56

Lucylongcat that is priceless!

boopsy Fri 25-Mar-16 22:26:34

I have dreamed for the past 2 nights that me and my family enter a portal and find ourselves in the programme Once Upon A Time which actually exists for real in another dimension. We need to get him so Mr Gold says he can do a magic potion but as we have no money I have to work in his shop for payment. Never got further than that lol

lcoc2015 Fri 25-Mar-16 22:26:39

Scarednoob that is my exact fantasy and same reality as you!! It is usually while out walking to try lose babyweight when a number by soul legend like aretha or dusty speingfield on spotify. My husband shares the spotify account as often asks why did you listen to that track 4 times!! I respond that like to replay the scenario a number of times and refine it each time!! Luckily he does the same with football daydreaming so he understands.

boopsy Fri 25-Mar-16 22:27:07

Home not him

expatinscotland Fri 25-Mar-16 22:32:28

I have never had any daydream or dream as good as these.

Fyaral Fri 25-Mar-16 22:38:09

Tonnes. My fave which I revisit sometimes often is super cringe.

I am the daughter of Voldemort. Born same year as Harry. When he falls I get taken to Dumbledore and put in a muggle orphanage.

I duly grow up and go to Hogwarts not knowing who I am and get sorted into Slytherin after becoming mates with Harry and co on the train. Lucius Malfoy suspects who I am so instructs Draco to be nice to me.

I juggle being bezzies with Harry and Malfoy while also being super good at magic obvs. Snape takes special care of me as well (he knows exactly who I am and is trying to protect me from Voldemort and Dumbledore).

I gad about in happy ignorance, spending summers with the Malfoys but believing that Lucius was imperiused during uprising. I start going out with Draco in third year and we become lovers in fourth.

This all comes crashing down in fifth year when as part of my membership of the DA, I go to the ministry. Voldemort thought I was dead but recognised me. Dumbledore is then forced to tell me who I am and I am part of the prophecy. Basically who I choose wins.

I am devestated and feel betrayed. Snape has lied to me and so has Lucius who I saw being a death eater. I break up with Draco and scream at everyone.

I decide to pretend to join Voldemort and spy but report to Harry as I don't trust Dumbledore. Snape is v upset as being a spy is awful and he doesnt want that for me.

Over the next three years I spy and sabotage. Snape and I fall in love and spy together supporting each other over the awful and disgusting things we have to do.

On the final battle day we make love one last time before going separate ways. He dies but its ok because I know Im going to die too. I end battle by throwing myself between Harry and Voldemort and taking AK meant for Harry. Voldemort (who actually loves me deeply as his daughter) finally feels regret and this fixes his soul but the pain kills him. His final act is to give me his life so I come back.

I am super super sad and cant cope. I try to end my life but discover I am carrying Snapes baby twins.

I disappear from wizarding world and raise twins in secret. Snape not actually dead but in a magical coma and wakes up when twins are seven and finds us. We live happily ever after.

That is the massively simplified version. The real one is even more complex and has full dialogue. It can take me months to run it full in my head. I pick up where I left off. I have run it a few times over the years and change small details.

I have one other as fully complex which I run at different times and several smaller ones not fully developed. I love them and they are very calming.

Fyaral Fri 25-Mar-16 22:42:37

God I must sound like a mentalist. I also incorporate music into all of mine.

Other themes: LOTR (other long running and complex one), being a demon hunter/witch, being on the run from an alien invasion, having a traumatic event and going all kill bill/punisher on the ones who wronged me.

DiseasesOfTheSheep Fri 25-Mar-16 22:45:59

Blimey Fyaral. I thought I was a dreamer shock

TaliZorahVasNormandy Fri 25-Mar-16 22:52:26

David Cameron in public toilets, I say no more than that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now