Talk

Advanced search

To be annoyed and disappointed?

(6 Posts)
spambolina Fri 25-Mar-16 10:43:37

Aibu to feel annoyed with friend who ended up making me have to invite another child for play date simply because she couldn't say no to her own child? Supposed to have an end of term celebration with her and her two children and mine only for her to call me an hour before to say could she bring one of her kids friends as they wouldn't stop moaning at her. In other words she didn't have the strength, energy or conviction to say 'not this time but maybe another time'. She then called me and said would it be ok, I didn't really want to say yes but felt I had to!! The celebration then became one huge moaning exercise for the children (apart from 1 of my children) who moaned 'I'm hungry, I'm bored, what can I do' etc etc. they then complained when they were allowed to use the wii because they had to take it I turns as there was five of them, playing a 2 hand set game. 'He, she got longer than me, etcetc- they had a timer at 5 mins each!! In the end I decided to switch it off as they couldn't get on and stop moaning and told them to go and do something else!!!
So it was a pretty ungrateful and unpleasant play date, celebration and I feel pretty upset and annoyed with myself for saying yes and annoyed with my friend for putting me in that situation! I also have had no 'thank you' from the other parent of the other child! So, definitely feel like this is not going to happen again, and feel slightly used by some people!!

StillDrSethHazlittMD Fri 25-Mar-16 10:46:22

Thing is, you're annoyed at disappointed in your friend for not saying no to one of her friends - and then didn't so no yourself.

She could have said no. So could you.

Sandbrook Fri 25-Mar-16 10:49:50

Yes agree with above. You could have said no but didn't either.

Also do you think the kids fighting over turns would have happened anyway with just 4.
I think maybe it did not go as planned which often happens where kids are concerned and you're pinning the blame on the friend child unnecessarily?

curren Fri 25-Mar-16 10:53:33

I don't get it. Your friend couldn't say no to a child and you couldn't say no to a friend.

And the fact there was five kids instead of four caused huge issues?

Yabu

Gatehouse77 Fri 25-Mar-16 11:03:36

The moaning and complaining is probably more to do with it being the end of term and a build up of tiredness/relief from the term.

Mine usually just want to come home, blob in front of the TV, watch crap on their gadgets, eat easy food (e.g. Hot dogs, loaded nachos, etc.) and generally do very little! That said, they are teenagers now but it wasn't so different when they were younger.

But, as others have said, you could have said no, although there was a chance that it would have all fallen through.

spambolina Sat 26-Mar-16 10:32:30

Yes lesson learnt, should have said no myself and WILL so next time. Not blaming extra child at all. Will keep the celebrations to ourselves next time!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now