Talk

Advanced search

To be irritated by this pessimistic attitude

(8 Posts)
Fanfeck Wed 23-Mar-16 23:45:30

A young girl I know has just put on Facebook that she won her first stone award in Slimming World, the biggest "but" offender I know has commented "that's great but just remember it's about healthy eating too" hmm Now I'm not into group diet things at all but isn't that pretty much the whole premise of it? I just find it so buzzkilly!

Same woman has done this countless times about everything. When I finally bought my first car "but just make sure you're still getting exercise"
When I got a pretty big promotion and was delight "brilliant, thrilled for you but remember it's going to be a lot more work than you're used to"

There's so many examples and I never really know what to say because she's coming across helpful and happy for you, but it just feels like a bit of a mood killer!

CaptainMarvelDanvers Wed 23-Mar-16 23:59:49

I hated Slimming World, it was so cliquey and people went on about over-night oats all the time and using obnoxious buzzwords.

Anyways my point is, Slimming World is like a weird weight loss cult. I felt uncomfortable and left.

MumOnTheRunCatchingUp Thu 24-Mar-16 00:03:05

Muller light mad, the lot of em! Weird

CaptainMarvelDanvers Thu 24-Mar-16 00:05:32

Sorry I realised my post was just a moan about Slimming World and nothing to do with your post. YANBU, some people just like to bring others down and put them in their 'place'. You just have to remember that she is probably a really insecure unhappy person.

IsmellSwell Thu 24-Mar-16 00:07:38

What's overnight oats when it's at home?

Fatmomma99 Thu 24-Mar-16 00:10:26

Agree with Captain - that's her issue, not yours. Suggest you go back being breezy... If it's to you I'd say "get your point, but I'm just gonna celebrate. wine anyone?" or "I see what you're saying, but I'm just happy for <friend we both have on FB>, let's all celebrate her!"

My DH describes my DSIS as someone who "sucks joy out of the room" so I do feel for you!

tigerdriverII Thu 24-Mar-16 00:13:04

Pickled onions mashed with a tin of tomatoes = the sacred Heinz tomato soup.

That did it for me!

And yy. Those Muller lights. Wtf.

And stuff your gob with two tins of free baked beans plus a baked spud and your "free" cheese. Purleese

tigerdriverII Thu 24-Mar-16 00:16:49

On a roll now. I have a colleague of nearly 30 years, who just exhausts me every time I see her. Life leaves me, silently and stealthy, every time I speak to her. Joy is sucked

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now