Talk

Advanced search

Aibu about kids dragging out of my clothes?

(12 Posts)
Melbournemel Wed 23-Mar-16 22:51:38

I have 2 toddlers so I'm well used to being pawed, dribbled on, pissed on, chewed on etc. However, the little fuckers treasures have now taken to pulling and dragging out of my clothes for their own amusement. And it's not just when they're looking for attention or whining, they can be sitting up on my knee reading a book and then suddenly start yanking at my tshirt. I was standing in the hallway today while dh had the front door open and ds came up behind me and pulled at the legs of my loose trackie pants and it fell down and exposed my knickers to the whole street shock blush

It's driving me absolutely bonkers confused I would rather be shat on than have someone fiddling at my clothes. Dh thinks it's funny, but then again, he's not the one who had just spent £££s trying to get a new capsule wardrobe together. Thinking of buying myself a zorbing ball grin

DoreenLethal Wed 23-Mar-16 22:53:44

You are the parent so you need to instill some sort of behaviour management techniques. We cannot do it from the other side of the interweb

Longdistance Wed 23-Mar-16 22:58:00

I'd have shouted at my dd's if they did this. It wouldn't happen again.

Same as when they would sit on my lap and wriggle constantly, pull my clothes, or get up and down. I'd place them on the mat, therefor they were not to return.

When you mean toddler, how old?

Choughed Wed 23-Mar-16 22:58:17

This should be your new capsule wardrobe. Problem solved smile

EastMidsMummy Wed 23-Mar-16 22:58:52

What does "dragging out of my clothes" mean?

Melbournemel Wed 23-Mar-16 23:04:03

2 year old and 1 year old. Dragging out of my clothes, as in pulling and tugging at my hems. It's so annoying! I've tried saying no/raising my voice/explaining why I'm annoyed but they just keep on at it. The older child moreso. I might have to start going around in the nip confused

Melbournemel Wed 23-Mar-16 23:05:19

Longdistance I've tried removing them when they start doing it too but it hasn't worked sad

elephantoverthehill Wed 23-Mar-16 23:07:17

As a supply teacher many years ago in a primary school. Rule no.1 never wear anything with an elasticated waist. Rule no.2, with reference to toddlers, always ensure that the bikini line is done and wear nice knickers. Rule no.3, with a baby always wear a clean, fresh looking bra.

Mrsmulder Wed 23-Mar-16 23:11:49

This drives me mad too op! My youngest is 2 and does this all the time. I have just bought a new coat and she is constantly swinging off it, she is also full of cold and keeps trying to wipe her snot on my lovely coat! angry I love her most of the time though grin

Pollyputhtekettleon Wed 23-Mar-16 23:12:41

Oh this drives me nuts. My 3yr old and 1yr old try it occasionally and get put right out of the room for a repeat offence. It's the most irratating feeling on top of all the other shit you have patiently dealt with all day. Zero tolerance.

RockUnit Wed 23-Mar-16 23:26:33

Sorry, no suggestions apart from wear onesies, boiler suits or dungarees! grin

RubbleBubble00 Thu 24-Mar-16 00:17:00

never wear elastic waist, your asking for trouble. I remove offending toddler and walk away. I don't mind a bit of pawing or swinging but it would be a time out for older toddler if they kept pulling up my top and trying to pull my trousers down. 1 yr old would get a firm no and moved away from me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now