Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to ask for your help?!

(12 Posts)
insanelycheerful Wed 23-Mar-16 22:22:47

Ok this is slightly ridiculous, but we are off on holiday to France on Saturday so I was just looking up car insurance info so I can call them and let them know we are going etc. Well I cannot for the life of me find anything!! There is no way I will have not insured the car last summer when it was due for renewal, but I have searched my emails and can't find a thing (no email confirming insurance, no docs, no confused.com email with quotes - I always use confused.com, and I've also checked my hard copy files and nothing there either). I am not a loyal customer to any company, I shop around each year and go with the best quote, so I can't remember who I went with. Is there any way I can find out who I used and to make sure I am insured?! Surely I wouldn't have been able to tax my car if I didn't have valid insurance.
PS yes I do feel very silly and quite worried now!

Creampastry Wed 23-Mar-16 22:24:52

Look at bank statement for payments??

stumblymonkey Wed 23-Mar-16 22:26:57

YY...bank statement for your annual payment or direct debits if you pay monthly.

AgentProvocateur Wed 23-Mar-16 22:27:59

Can you use the search function on email, and put in "insurance"? If it's any consolation, I did exactly the same with my buildings/contents insurance. When it was up for renewal, I couldn't find details of my current cover anywhere. Turns out, in a rare fit of efficiency, I'd created an email folder for all my insurances.

insanelycheerful Wed 23-Mar-16 22:34:47

Thanks for clear thinking!! Am furiously checking bank/credit card statements now. Have searched "insurance" and "car" on emails to no avail. Have checked all folders and have checked all emails within a week or two of renewal date. Nothing!!

ShotgunNotDoingThePans Wed 23-Mar-16 22:37:51

Maybe search on 'motor' as well? Or 'renewal'?

MrsSteptoe Wed 23-Mar-16 22:40:05

Check on this database, OP

ownvehicle.askmid.com/

MrsSteptoe Wed 23-Mar-16 22:40:45

It'll tell you that you're insured, but it won't tell you who with, I'm afraid

MrsBungle Wed 23-Mar-16 22:41:09

ownvehicle.askmid.com/

Check you are insured here.

MrsBungle Wed 23-Mar-16 22:41:29

X post!

insanelycheerful Wed 23-Mar-16 22:42:09

Thanks all, hallelujah I found a payment to admiral around the right time and have now successfully logged on via their website and found my documents. Big phew! I knew I wouldn't have missed the renewal (believe it or not I'm quite organised!) and have no idea why there are no emails about it. I had checked via that website that I was insured in the meantime, which reassured me I wasn't going mad!

Thanks v much smile

MrsBungle Wed 23-Mar-16 23:00:35

I'm with admiral and they sent me nothing when I renewed too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now