Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Dr Facebook

(11 Posts)
unimaginativename13 Wed 23-Mar-16 20:32:16

Maybe it's because I'm now a mum I notice this more. I follow a few mummy type Facebook groups. I like them for places to go really or groups.

What is with mums posting rashes on theses groups and asking other mums what it is?? I easily get 3 or 4 a day in my news feed.

Example- 'DS has just come up in this rash/ spot/ blob, before I go to the doctors I thought I'd asked what all you mummies think xxxx'

(Or 'is a&e busy tonight?'....... WTF......if your child needs to go to a&e take them!!)

Firstly I wouldn't trust anyone except a medical professional who can see it in REAL LIFE.

Secondly I imagine these poor children being asked to remove clothing so mummy can take a picture of it for FB.

AIBU?

thebestfurchinchilla Wed 23-Mar-16 21:28:34

Perhaps it's just that particular mum group. Some mum's live at the doctors for every sniff and sneeze. It's odd I agree.

thebestfurchinchilla Wed 23-Mar-16 21:28:52

mums

LittleRedSparke Wed 23-Mar-16 21:30:42

you get loads on here too, especially the ones "am i pg?" - seriously..... pee on a stick

CountessOfStrathearn Wed 23-Mar-16 21:35:29

Jeremy Hunt, our Health Secretary, just a few weeks ago gave the ludicrous and dangerous advice that parents concerned about a rash just Googled it, so those mothers aren't doing anything other than following government advice!

www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/jeremy-hunt-s-advice-to-parents-could-put-lives-at-risk-doctors-say-a6844936.html

Rashes are notoriously hard to diagnose even when a medical professional does have the patient in front of them. (I, a hospital doctor, went to the GP with my young daughter with a bad rash not too long ago. She then got another doctor to come and look so there were 3 of us really not very sure what to make of the rash at all.)

unimaginative13 Wed 23-Mar-16 21:42:01

I don't like all the half naked children in FB either for the world to see.

People should have some privacy.

SylviaWrath Wed 23-Mar-16 21:45:36

If choose to have these kind of people on your FB feed, then put up with the weird shite they post.
I never see strangers kids rashes on mine, nor friends kids rashes either. Its the choices YOU made that mean you see this stuff. So YABU.

calamityjam Wed 23-Mar-16 21:49:06

Op may have other reasons to be friends with these people. How the fuck is she supposed to know in advance of these posts?

oldlaundbooth Wed 23-Mar-16 22:02:50

Madness, utter madness.

northernlostsoul Wed 23-Mar-16 22:03:44

I did say that they are local mummy groups that I'm on. As a mum with a baby they have been very helpful with local groups or places to go.

They have downsides of things like this. Also a lot of 'my baby drinks 4oz every 4 hours and it's still hungry, surely he doesn't want more?'

This was a good one 'I'm weaning my 15 week old and she's not interested in food, it's really getting me down, she's not eaten for 3 days'

SylviaWrath Wed 23-Mar-16 22:03:53

How the fuck is she supposed to know in advance of these posts?

She says she sees 3 or 4 a day. How many days do you need?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now