Talk

Advanced search

To think the Easter Bunny is the weakest link

(32 Posts)
wineoclockthanks Wed 23-Mar-16 14:55:22

In the Tooth Fairy, Father Christmas possibly mythical tales we tell our children?

Really - huge 6ft egg delivering rabbit, even Ds1, (possibly the most gullible child ever ) didn't swallow that past aged 4!

MajesticSeaFlapFlap Wed 23-Mar-16 14:58:05

Easter bunny is a regular sized bunny here

6ft bunny would be terrifying

scarednoob Wed 23-Mar-16 14:58:24

I don't think I was ever told about the Easter bunny! I knew full well that eggs were from family and friends of the family.

But I swallowed the tooth fairy and Santa whole (so to speak).

SalemSaberhagen Wed 23-Mar-16 14:59:44

Why has somebody put a cats face on Father Christmas?! shock

SalemSaberhagen Wed 23-Mar-16 15:00:14

Why has somebody put a cat's face on Father Christmas?! shock

wineoclockthanks Wed 23-Mar-16 15:00:31

majestic - that photo shock

TrojanWhore Wed 23-Mar-16 15:00:41

The Easter Bunny didn't exist when I was young (or at least never hopped over to a general presence). So I've never done if for my DC.

Father Christmas and the Tooth Fairy have penetrated further and for longer.

GertrudeBadger Wed 23-Mar-16 15:02:26

I've gone for the vicar of dibley idea - my mum organizes an easter egg hunt and I tell my DDs that nanny is one of the easter bunny's minions - unlike FC, he can't do it all himself. It's a sacred baton and when my DDs are grown up, the baton passes to me to do the egg hunts for my (future, hopefully!) DC etc. It makes me happy - a much more plausible story!

dementedpixie Wed 23-Mar-16 15:03:04

Haven't really done the easter bunny here either

Hygge Wed 23-Mar-16 15:06:45

That's not the easter bunny, it's a jackalope. Or Father Christmas during the full moon maybe.

We've just borrowed a friend's white rabbit to come and hop around our house, while I took photo's to prove on Sunday that the easter bunny was here.

howabout Wed 23-Mar-16 15:09:41

YABU because now I can't remember the name of the film they all feature in with Jack Frost and it is going to annoy me all afternoon.

Ludwsys Wed 23-Mar-16 15:12:38

Rise of the Guardians.

I've never even mentioned the Easter bunny to mine.

BabyDubsEverywhere Wed 23-Mar-16 15:13:19

Rise of the guardians :D

BabyDubsEverywhere Wed 23-Mar-16 15:13:52

Damn I took too long thinking!

Ludwsys Wed 23-Mar-16 15:15:51

Ha ha, I had to get Guardians of the Galaxy out of my head first!!

howabout Wed 23-Mar-16 15:16:01

Thank you grin

Fabellini Wed 23-Mar-16 15:22:55

The Easter bunny can be terrifying.

toptomatoes Wed 23-Mar-16 15:26:49

Mine are confused by the Easter bunny. I've never really done it. Probably because I am confused by it too.

Vanillaradio Wed 23-Mar-16 15:27:07

Ds is absolutely convinced that the Easter Bunny will be bringing him carrots, can't convince him otherwise!

70isaLimitNotaTarget Wed 23-Mar-16 15:59:27

My DC are teens so don't believe anything I tell them but are happy to accept Easter Bags and Christmas Eve Hampers/ Christmas Stockings (cynical little toads that they are)

I used to buy Easter Bunny stickers (large pink 'pawprints' to stick onto the carpet through the hall to the kitchen into the garden) and we watched the film "Hop" on a Kids AM showing so we bought the DVD .
That's an Easter Tradition now. It gets a bit hmm after the third viewing but if you can cope with Russel Brand voicing an irritating CGI rabbit, then it;s good fun.

Hygge Wed 23-Mar-16 16:05:59

I hate Hop, I really do.

Mousefinkle Wed 23-Mar-16 16:09:34

Hop is awful but it's the literal only Easter based film. There are a few lesser known American ones that are impossible to buy in the UK but that's the only big one. And it sucks.

I think Easter sucks really. We never did the Easter bunny as kids, I'm not inclined to make a big deal of it with my DC either. Tooth fairy and FC I'm all for but the bunny seems a bit daft.

WhoKnowsWhereTheTimeG0es Wed 23-Mar-16 16:10:03

We'venever done the Easter rabbit at home, but used to take the DCs to an organised Easter rabbit day locally to play games and try and spot the bunny, I miss stuff like this now they're older.

AlpacaPicnic Wed 23-Mar-16 16:46:04

Vanillaradio, marks and spencer are doing a giant chocolate carrot! Could you get him that?

clarella Wed 23-Mar-16 17:02:13

Probably older than FC.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Easter_Bunny

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now