Talk

Advanced search

To think Indesit/Hotpoint's handling of the bursting into flames dryers is awful?

(65 Posts)
BettyBusStop Tue 22-Mar-16 21:56:23

I didn't want to wait until Christmas for a repair with the dryer about to burst into flames at any second so ordered one of their replacement dryers for £99. Only I need to rearrange delivery (it's coming next Tuesday) & the useless gits never ever answer the phone.

I've been calling for weeks. I have spent HOURS on hold. Their tinkly music winding me up until I'm about to BURST. And still no bugger answers.

I've tried Twitter. Only to be asked if I'd tried ringing the number in the email. Yes, I've told you that thirty million times. I've provided my shoe size, my favourite colour and the names of my great-great grandparents. For the love of biscuits somebody please just change my delivery date to one of the many I've sent you. Or ring me. Send smoke signals (from a faulty dryer) if you must, just please contact me!

I've tried emailing their CEO (didn't work). I've just this second sent a Private message on Facebook.

I'm going to book a day off work and stage one woman sit in at their head office next week.

Griphook Tue 22-Mar-16 22:00:59

Absolutely disgusting, I've had many conversations about this with them now. I want their shitty dryer out my house and my money back.
Didn't know you could pay for a replacement! See they didn't even tell me.
I'm having mine mended next week. Nearly 5 months wait. They really don't give a shit. Will never buy one of their product again

BettyBusStop Tue 22-Mar-16 22:04:34

How did you get hold of them? Is there a number that actually gets you through to a human who can help?

clam Tue 22-Mar-16 22:21:08

Why the hell should we PAY for a replacement? angry They sold us sub-standard, dangerous goods and the very least they can do is replace them , free-of-charge.

That said, I reported mine last November, waited about 12 weeks for a response, was told I could have a repair in June (!!!), but in fact, someone turned up to do it today.

Pretty shit all round, to be honest.

Griphook Tue 22-Mar-16 22:21:40

Ao put me through, but they didn't care.

Griphook Tue 22-Mar-16 22:22:38

clam what did they do? Are you confident with it?

namechanger51 Tue 22-Mar-16 22:25:16

I have just found out that I have a 'dodgy' dryer. I am waiting for them to contact me with an appointment to fix it. Will I have a long wait then?

42andcounting Tue 22-Mar-16 22:29:19

Namechanger - I registered for a repair in November, have rung a few times since, and last time was told they have 'no idea' when it will be done. I wouldn't hold your breath! angry

TondelayaDellaVentamiglia Tue 22-Mar-16 22:30:40

i have been stalking them this week and after a bit of to and fro-ing I have them coming out on April 5th

I posted the Electrical Safety First link on their fb page ...basically they are strongly advising against the advice from hotpoint/indesit that it is safe to continue using these machines

Also that predicted times of December16/Jan 2017 were totally unacceptable, and that I knew they were not dealing with complaints in strict order.

so try FB or if you have the patience this number ....i tried eight times and only ever got as far as an engaged tone after making selections. Number is 03448 224 224

glueandstick Tue 22-Mar-16 22:30:47

They fixed mine within a week. I was quite pleased.

Tangfastics Tue 22-Mar-16 22:31:01

Facebook them

clam Tue 22-Mar-16 22:32:53

No idea what they did - I was at work and dh was here to let them in. They said it was sorted though, but said we were still never to leave it on overnight/while we were out. I suppose that's just good practice though. Same applies to dishwashers, I believe.

ijustwanttobeme Tue 22-Mar-16 22:40:53

I reported our hotpoint dryer a month ago and recently had an email advising I could expect repairs would be booked in for December!!

In the meantime,we can use them dryer but never leave it unattended and always clear the lint from the filter.

Or, we could pay for replacement.

BettyBusStop Tue 22-Mar-16 22:43:16

I wasn't thrilled about paying for a replacement, but I can get a better one and mine is a few years old. I just want to be able to get the bloody thing THAT I'VE PAID FOR delivered when I'll actually be home.

FanDabbyFloozy Tue 22-Mar-16 22:46:28

Quite frankly I have no idea how the company is still solvent. I mean, who would buy a machine knowing how dangerous they are and how bad the service is?

I mailed them in November and have heard nothing since.

A local person had a fire recently despite following the advice and not using the machine for hours. If there is a serious incident, I expect the senior managers to be up on corporate manslaughter charges.

Disgrace..

Griphook Tue 22-Mar-16 22:56:44

but never leave it unattended and always clear the lint from the filter
You see this is the bit I have a problem with, which I think is their way out of trouble, unattended is so vague, are they suggesting you stand next to it? Or the next room. Clever really they get to almost absolve themselves of responsibility....
And cleaning the filter again clever use if words, there are 2 filters they don't state which one/both.

st the advice from hotpoint/indesit that it is safe to continue using these machines is this even after then fixing part

clam Tue 22-Mar-16 23:03:23

I think it's ok if you unplug it from the wall.

ilovewelshrarebit123 Tue 22-Mar-16 23:15:28

I've been waiting since November, I'm fed up and emailed the CEO and they called this morning.

I'm getting a replacement with no charge, they are supposed to be calling this week to arrange deliver.

Try emailing the CEO.

Griphook Tue 22-Mar-16 23:22:14

Can I have his email please?

Elfieselfie Tue 22-Mar-16 23:26:10

I contacted them in November as I have 2 of the bastard dryers. 8 weeks they said. Have spent many a time on hold getting nowhere. Got a random email from them the other day saying check your dryer as you may be affected blah, blah - yes I know but they arent dong anything about it. Absolutely shocking service!!!

blue25 Tue 22-Mar-16 23:28:22

They've told us to expect an appointment in February 2017!!

ilovewelshrarebit123 Tue 22-Mar-16 23:31:22

Grip I've messaged you.

NK346f2849X127d8bca260 Tue 22-Mar-16 23:35:27

Mine was modified on Friday after a four month wait.
I had to reschedule original appointment, but had nowhere on the phone so posted on Facebook and got a quick response.

Wastinmylifeaway Wed 23-Mar-16 07:53:37

After I was able to fathom the secret sequence to get to speak to someone for a washing machine repair they pressure sale you into buying their parts and labour service. When I didn't buy it they miraculously were able to do a better deal which I took as it would have been cheaper than the repair, and covers me for a period of time (and seeing as I had little faith in the repair might come in useful).

They argued with me when I told them all other than dryer extensions end in just an engaged tone.

They contacted my on Facebook after a friend and I were having a mutual moan in regards to my dryer repair being bumped from vaguely March to vaguely April. I gave them my details.

"On review of your file I can confirm you have a visit booked in for today. Should you need further assistance please don't hesitate contacting us."

Me = "today's visit is for the washing machine repair only. Tumble dryer is outstanding"

"We are happy to see this. If you require any further assistance then please let us know."

Me = "Hi, what was the point in asking I send a message in response to me complaining my dryer appointment has been moved a month?"

"I am sorry to hear this, when has it been moved too?"

Insert audible groan / sigh / scream here

Washing machine repair was done really quickly and professionally, the engineer told me that it will probably be him doing the dryer repair! They need a map drawing to show them where their arse and their elbow are, they don't have a clue. They did say I was lucky however when I contacted them in Feb, that people registering then weren't getting seen until Dec.

BettyBusStop Wed 23-Mar-16 07:56:54

Please, please, please would someone let me have the ceo's email.

I tried one I found for marco Milani, but it bounced back. I'm not sure he's still the ceo anyway?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now