Talk

Advanced search

About Andy's prehistoric adventures?

(57 Posts)
Swannykazoo Tue 22-Mar-16 21:42:22

Why doesn't Jen have a uniform? Andy had a uniform when he was Hattie's assistant in dinosaur adventures. Jen also appears to have been styled by someone in 1995
On this same topic, I think Jen and Andy may be friends with benefits.
not jealous, no no no
I may admit I've watched quite lot of Andy in the last 2months. Still sad the fabled silver spaceman suit from MN legend thread appears to have been erased.

CorBlimeyTrousers Tue 22-Mar-16 21:48:22

I am disappointed that Andy is now in charge and a woman is his assistant. I liked Hattie. I think they've tried to counter this by putting Mrs Pickles in charge but it still rankles with me.

I may be over invested.

Swannykazoo Tue 22-Mar-16 21:50:37

No no no Mrs Pickles is clearly in charge. I too am overinfested as I'd love to see the notes from the meeting where they said let's ditch Hattie and get a slightly moony girl to wear grunge and flirt with Andy instead.

bimandbam Tue 22-Mar-16 21:55:22

I think they need to sack the cleaner. That man causes fucking chaos.

Also Andy needs to be careful what he brings back from his adventures. Who knows what kind of prehistoric bugs he is carrying. We still don't 100% know what killed the dinosaurs. The last thing the NHS needs is some prehistoric bug doing the rounds.

And Mrs Pickles probably has corns. Those heels she wears don't look comfortable really.

ByThePrickingOfMyThumbs Tue 22-Mar-16 21:58:13

Wasn't the animal park from Andy's Wild Adventures run by Mr Pickles? Is he married to Mrs Pickles of a National Museum fame?

MypocketsarelikeNarnia Tue 22-Mar-16 21:58:39

How CAN Andy be in charge? I mean, don't get me wrong - I fucking love that man but what's his CV got on it? 5 yrs at the animal park saying he was off on a break whenever his boss contacted him and 2 yrs at the dinosaur museum breaking shit.

Swannykazoo Tue 22-Mar-16 22:05:15

Personally I think the Pickles are siblings but I have no evidence for that.
I agree the terms of Andy's promotion are somewhat suspect
So nobody else thinks there's a frisson of longing from Jen then? I"m clearly going a bit demented and jealous...

ByThePrickingOfMyThumbs Tue 22-Mar-16 22:07:29

DD is convinced Jen is Andy's sister. No idea why.

MypocketsarelikeNarnia Tue 22-Mar-16 22:11:54

Well. ..who wouldn't want Andy? apart from a savvy employer obv

MypocketsarelikeNarnia Tue 22-Mar-16 22:13:25

Oh yeah - additional CV item - 'what's on your plate?!' 'Andy fucking is, covered in beans'.

whitelisbon Tue 22-Mar-16 22:30:34

Its those poor kids I feel for, they've spent the past couple of years trailing into the museum at 9 every morning.
Mil and me had a conversation a few days ago about Andy and jen shagging behind the exhibits - we reckon that's why Mrs pickles looks so miserable ,she's after a bit of Andy herself.

RubbishRobotFromTheDawnOfTime Tue 22-Mar-16 22:32:19

Surely if Andy and Jen were an item he'd have wanted to impress her by revealing his big clock?

Missdread Tue 22-Mar-16 22:33:50

Andy was terribly in love with Hattie: that's why he went to such lengths to collect a bit of triceratops tusk or whatever to impress her. I fear she was "moved aside" when the love affair was unearthed by Pickles. I'm not sure about this Jen chick...

99littleducks Tue 22-Mar-16 22:34:04

MypocketsarelikeNarnia grin at Andy on my lunch plate

There are many many things that come to my mind when watching this show. One thing is why is Andy's return through the clock and back to the museum so ridiculous? Using a reed to jump onto a prehistoric crocodile and into the clock? How? Lassoing onto a Dino to escape a giant footprint? HOW?! hmm
Climbing up a wall using only honey? How stupid do they think the viewers are?!

(Rant over)

Missdread Tue 22-Mar-16 22:34:48

PS that dopey cleaner needs to be given the heave ho too!

HoldMeCloserTonyDanza Tue 22-Mar-16 22:40:30

Why does he always need to rush back at the end? That's not how time travel works!! Just make the clock take you back five minutes earlier and you won't have to rush!

Discopanda Tue 22-Mar-16 22:43:56

I saw one episode where the cleaner tried to eat some pretend prehistoric fig thing so Andy went all the way back in time to get one instead of making a new one. I think he's just a bit of an adrenaline junkie. TBH I'm slightly jealous that they get to run around the NHM with no crowds!

winewolfhowls Tue 22-Mar-16 22:49:41

99littleducks that's what winds me up too. It's always the bloody inflatable raft when I see it too.

curren Wed 23-Mar-16 19:53:43

DD is convinced Jen is Andy's sister. No idea why.

Ds says the same. I just asked him and he says it's in the song. There is a bit in it where it mentions Jen is his assistant. So I think he has misheard it.

CrohnicallyAspie Wed 23-Mar-16 19:57:03

DD (3) refuses to watch andy's prehistoric adventures. Not sure why, as she loved the animal series and the dinosaur series. She gets excited when she sees it's Andy, but as soon as it goes 'prehistoric adventures' she cries and says she doesn't want that one!

CremeDeSudo Wed 23-Mar-16 19:57:39

Agreed Andy and Jen are getting it on. If not, Jen definitely wants a piece of Andy action!

ByThePrickingOfMyThumbs Wed 23-Mar-16 20:40:14

Ah, that makes sense curren!

Lovemytent Wed 23-Mar-16 20:51:20

Andy - sorry but I can't get past the uncanny similarity to Fatima Whitbread

icclemunchy Wed 23-Mar-16 20:56:43

I get a bit of rage when he leaves his exhibit which is to the right of the main staircase is then apparently running out of the birds room (further back on the ground floor) then down the stairs to get to the left hand side of the stairs and the clock!

Mrs p also walks along the top floor away from the stairs to get to their exhibit.

I may be over invested mind you

BadDoGooder Wed 23-Mar-16 21:04:18

Mmm, I love Andy, but by bloody hell his new show is annoying!
The cleaner should have been sacked ages ago,
There's an odd dynamic between Jen and Andy, and agree he should not be in charge of anything at all.

Most importantly, what happened to Hattie? She was great!

shall now be spending lots of time daydreaming anout Andy on a plate

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now