Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

DISASTER!

(43 Posts)
BreadEyes Tue 22-Mar-16 13:38:21

I accidentally put a red snood in with dh's whites this morning. He was understandably rageful at this occurrence. AIBU to tell him to maybe do some of his own washing perhaps at some point?

MitzyLeFrouf Tue 22-Mar-16 13:42:25

I can see why he's annoyed but seriously, he never does any of his own laundry? Put him on Operation Pearly White Undercracker Patrol for a while. He's a big boy.

p.s I love the word 'snood'.

Peregrina Tue 22-Mar-16 13:50:18

Get some colour run remover first to restore them to how they were. Then tell him to do his own washing. See how long it is before he puts black socks in the white wash and turns everything grey.-

curren Tue 22-Mar-16 15:04:26

Dh has never done any of his own washing since we moved in together.

But then I don't do the cooking. I don't think it's unusual. It depends on what else is going on.

Unfortunately something red in with whites is just one of these things that happen. Annoying, but happens. He needs to get over it.

KingJoffreyLikesJaffaCakes Tue 22-Mar-16 15:06:50

He can wear pink clothes, surely?

I dyed one of DP's Star Wars t-shirts pink once. If anything he wore it more...

BarbaraofSeville Tue 22-Mar-16 15:28:15

Don't have any white clothes. Makes life easier.

CocktailQueen Tue 22-Mar-16 15:34:11

Pink is very in.

He's surely man enough to wear pink?

Get him to do his own washing...

lertgush Tue 22-Mar-16 15:37:45

Good move OP

* Considers trying that too *

GrouchyKiwi Tue 22-Mar-16 15:38:44

I made some of DH's work shirts pink a while ago. They have slowly become white again over time. I use Napisan in my white washes so that might help? I've never had any luck with the colour restorer products.

IfNotNowThenWhenever Tue 22-Mar-16 15:39:00

I have never knowingly washed or ironed a man's clothes. I'm hoping to hold my record.
Loving the "oops, a red snoood" wink Good idea.

shoeaddict83 Tue 22-Mar-16 15:51:26

i dont think DP knows how to turn our washing machine on, or the tumble dryer for that matter! confused
i actually did this at the weekend when a stray white sock ended up in with his work wash which is a lovely red/burgundy coloured uniform....so ended up with a baby pink sock. After his unimpressed look and a sarcastic comment i informed him to shut up or do his own washing in future....he shut up and disappeared to make me a cuppa!! grin

Arpege Tue 22-Mar-16 15:54:55

YABU to own a snood.

It is no longer 1985

ElementaryMyDear Tue 22-Mar-16 16:18:25

I find colour run remover very effective. But yes, tell him from now on he's doing his own washing.

MotherKat Tue 22-Mar-16 17:50:49

I'm torn, is this whites as in, pale coloured clothes, or whites as in professional kitchen wear?
If it is the former, yanbu, he should do his own laundry, if the latter then I would wonder why someone would reasonably threaten their partner's livelihood by washing foreign items with their workwear (they still ought to do their own laundry though, unless it is part of a pre-arranged chore list).

Penguinepenguins Tue 22-Mar-16 17:55:47

Did this the other week, colour run/remover thing sorted the issue out fairly simply...

I'd prefer to do all the washing would save on mishaps wink

Fluffyears Tue 22-Mar-16 19:22:16

Lingerie whitener is great for bleaching things back to white.

TheFairyCaravan Tue 22-Mar-16 19:25:53

Just get some colour run remover.

We all do the washing in this house. Whoever notices it needs doing it does it.

Antlily Tue 22-Mar-16 19:47:29

My DM did with years ago with a (male) visitors new white underthings (apparently he always had new pants for a holiday). All a surprisingly strong pink from one purple hand towel.

He was very understanding and said he didn't mind at all but he the idea of a rather masculine Canadian chap with pink pants still makes me giggle.

Throwingshadeagain Tue 22-Mar-16 20:58:15

I didn't know anyone wore snoods anymore. The very idea is making me irrationally angry actually. So YABU.

HoundoftheBaskervilles Tue 22-Mar-16 22:01:45

I am wearing a cashmere snood RIGHT NOW, so put that in your irrational anger at lovely clothing items pipe and smoke it right up.

KingJoffreyLikesJaffaCakes Tue 22-Mar-16 22:06:57

Aren't snoods just big woolly foreskins?

I struggle with the concept.

Peregrina Tue 22-Mar-16 22:30:35

Please tell me how snood is pronounced. Does it rhyme with good, or with food?

Arpege Wed 23-Mar-16 07:09:59

Food

BlueMoonRising Wed 23-Mar-16 07:25:35

Good and food and snood all rhyme where I'm from...

SlinkyVagabond Wed 23-Mar-16 07:32:45

Snooood. (Not snud like folk say round here)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now