Talk

Advanced search

To hate the term making memories

(6 Posts)
l00pylulu Mon 21-Mar-16 22:49:31

Just that really, I offten she it on social media and wonder why don't people just enjoy the moment? Instead of feeling the need to document it so it can be remembered?

teeththief Mon 21-Mar-16 22:57:20

Yabu

PiperChapstick Mon 21-Mar-16 23:00:02

I only hate it because of the boak-tastic meme "sorry about the mess, the children are making memories" fuck off you messy twat

DieSchottin93 Mon 21-Mar-16 23:02:41

YABU. It's nice to look back on all your memories. I get all nostalgic when I look back at all the photos I took on my year abroad even though it was only 2/3 years ago In another, say, 25 years time I can dig them out and look at them and think, ahh, that was one of the best years of my life, I'm glad I decided to document in a way I want to smile

katemiddletonsothermum Mon 21-Mar-16 23:03:41

I agree with you OP. Because, sadly, the memories the children are most likely to keep are the ones where you're making a total arse of yourself. The lovely memories which you tried so hard to create will be forgotten all about in a nanosecond.

"Do you remember when we blew dandelion heads at that wonderful stately home?"

"No. But I remember having to spend 17 hours in a car and then you shouted at me when I was sick all over the back seat."

That sort of thing.

coffeeisnectar Mon 21-Mar-16 23:05:11

Yanbu. I know someone who spouts this endlessly and I just think, your kids are filthy, your house is filthy and stinks. Stop adding to the mess by "creating memories with crafts" and just clean you house and bath your kids.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now