Talk

Advanced search

Why would anyone think this was a good idea? (Parking)

(9 Posts)
99percentchocolate Mon 21-Mar-16 18:24:00

I'm pissed off. Neighbours have had work going on at their house today and one of the workmen parked on our garden.
Not our drive. Our garden. The grass. Half on the road, half on our grass as if it were the pavement.
Why the hell would anyone think this was a good idea?
I went out and found him, told him he had to move it immediately and explained that we rent - if he destroys our grass it is us that gets a bollocking from our landlord and the agents.
Just for reference, there was a pavement across the road that he could have used. It wouldn't have been ideal but it would have been better than my flipping lawn!
(Just to be clear, not annoyed at the neighbours at all, it wasn't their fault and I really don't think they could've had any idea as they live around the corner.)
So Aibu to think this is weird and not understand what on earth was going through this man's head?

GabiSolis Mon 21-Mar-16 19:24:19

It is odd. What did he say when you confronted him?

99percentchocolate Mon 21-Mar-16 19:53:29

He just seemed really confused that I was unhappy. "Oh right, ok then..." Very bizarre!

AlisonWunderland Mon 21-Mar-16 19:58:31

Some people have no wit at all

Balletgirlmum Mon 21-Mar-16 20:02:42

I'd be sending him a bill for a new lawn.

Happyrouter Mon 21-Mar-16 20:03:57

Every time I think I've heard the most self centred parking scenario....

Yes, he is bats.

99percentchocolate Mon 21-Mar-16 20:42:28

Going to go out in he morning and have a closer look, if there's any damage he'll be getting the bill! Just odd - I really can't understand why he thought it was a good idea. There was even room on my driveway if he wanted to park there! (Which he did afterward - diagonally!)

AliceInHinterland Mon 21-Mar-16 20:46:50

He must have thought it was a public verge.

99percentchocolate Mon 21-Mar-16 20:52:10

I did wonder, but it is so obviously somebody's garden - it's right in front of our living room window for one! Plus, we and our neighbours have flowers in the garden right next to where he parked. I think he just wasn't the brightest spark!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now