wibu to buy this dress?

(29 Posts)
ciabattav0nbreadstickz Sun 20-Mar-16 18:56:58

I went to visit family this weekend and since it was the first time I've been with a group of female family members in a long time, I went to try on wedding dresses with them (DP and I are engaged).

I wasn't really expecting to fall in love with anything, I was actually intending to buy my dress online to try and keep costs down but I had no idea what type of dress I was looking for so went to try on a few different shapes to see what suits me best.

I found one that I absolutely loved from the second I tried it on, and I just happened to find the exact same dress available in my size, being sold second hand online.

I'm wondering if I should buy it or if I should wait to try and see if I find something else that I like more? This was the first shop I've been into so I could find something I prefer if I buy it now but equally so the dress I found was massively discounted from the original price and I might not find anything else I like better, then end up buying it anyway at an increased price.

Even if I did buy it, if I found something else I suppose I could try and sell it on?

I have looked at soooo many dresses and have not seen anything I liked as much as this one but sometimes stuff looks totally different when you try it on confused

BikeRunSki Sun 20-Mar-16 18:58:37

Buy it! A wedding dress that you Iove is a wonderful thing.

Littlefluffyclouds81 Sun 20-Mar-16 18:59:12

If you love it, buy it, then don't try on more dresses. Then you won't find one that you like more!

JeanSeberg Sun 20-Mar-16 18:59:34

Have you set a date for the wedding?

ciabattav0nbreadstickz Sun 20-Mar-16 19:02:46

We've narrowed it down to a 2 week window, which exact date it will be will have to wait until my divorce comes through as we don't want to book anything until then smile

M00nUnit Sun 20-Mar-16 19:05:56

Buy it buy it buy it!

inlectorecumbit Sun 20-Mar-16 19:06:01

DD1 bought a dress that she thought she loved but she hummed and hawwed a bit-l wasn't sure she was sure. Fast forward 3 months and she admitted it wasn't " the one". A short time later she tried on another dress and looking at her reaction and her face lightening up we both knew it was the right dress for her.

If you love the dress as much as you say and you felt wonderful in it please buy it. Then stop looking grin

Creatureofthenight Sun 20-Mar-16 19:07:08

Buy it!

Ilovenannyplum Sun 20-Mar-16 19:09:04

I'm getting married at the end of the year, I had my first appt at a bridal shop a few weeks ago. I had never tried on dresses before and had no idea what I wanted.

I found THE DRESS, it made me feel amazing. It was a sample dress so I could buy the actual dress I had on for £599 instead of £1400.

I bought it. I have no regrets, I cancelled all over appointments I had booked. I'm so happy that I got my dream dress at a bargain price.
If it's the dress for you then buy buy buy!

Pics? grin

Ilovenannyplum Sun 20-Mar-16 19:09:40

So in summary, YANBU!

RustyPaperclip Sun 20-Mar-16 19:11:31

Go for it! I booked an appointment at a local shop with my mum. I really didn't expect to find a dress there, I was just hoping to narrow down different styles. I picked 5 to try on and then narrowed it down to 2. My mum made me promise not to look at the price as she knew I would pick the cheaper of the 2 rather than the dress I loved. My lovely mum was right. I picked the dress I loved, and even better it was half the price and soon to be discontinued. I snapped it up!

SpuriouserAndSpuriouser Sun 20-Mar-16 19:11:56

Buy it! grin

RustyPaperclip Sun 20-Mar-16 19:12:32

Oh and echoing pp, can we please see some pictures grin

JoMalones Sun 20-Mar-16 19:13:56

If you love it then buy it! You can always get it altered to fit if needed

londonrach Sun 20-Mar-16 19:14:33

Buy it! You could try 100s of dressings and i know you want this one!

AgentZigzag Sun 20-Mar-16 19:15:13

Unless you think you'll miss the stress you've had dress shopping, buy it!

smile

strandedabroad Sun 20-Mar-16 19:15:55

Buy it! I tried what felt like hundreds in various shops, then saw one that felt absolutely perfect on eBay. The seller had bought it and changed her mind - it was still unaltered and with labels, but she needed to shift it to fund her new dress and it was 1/3 of the full price. I bought it there and then and it fit like a glove. I think sometimes it's meant to be! Good luck!

scrivette Sun 20-Mar-16 19:26:00

Buy it!

I bought the second one I tried on which was the first one I picked up. It was a sample so I got to take it home with me and I just knew it was the right one.

VinceNoirLovesHowardMoon Sun 20-Mar-16 19:26:51

How much is it second hand? If it's a bargain then buy it!

carabos Sun 20-Mar-16 19:28:40

My stbdil bought the second one she tried in the first shop she went to. Buy it and don't look back !

Lighteningirll Sun 20-Mar-16 19:32:03

Buy it I bought the third dress I tried on half an hour into my first bridal shop. Tried on loads more after I'd bought it nothing came close.

ciabattav0nbreadstickz Sun 20-Mar-16 19:35:35

Ok, this is it, not great photos unfortunately, it looks about a thousand times prettier in RL! It has lace all over and sequins in the lace detail bits so its the perfect blend between subtle and sparkly. The back is beautiful too.

ciabattav0nbreadstickz Sun 20-Mar-16 19:37:13

Oh, forgot to say it is definatly a bargin, it's normally £1100, its being sold on ebay for £300!

musicposy Sun 20-Mar-16 19:48:20

It's beautiful. I say go for it!

OliviaBenson Sun 20-Mar-16 20:00:27

Just make sure the eBay one is genuine and not a copy. I've heard bad things about the quality of copied dresses.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now