Advanced search


(14 Posts)
helpiamsoworried Sun 20-Mar-16 12:40:05

so scared the damage is permanent

have damaged my dominant hand (compression trauma to the joint I think, exacerbated by doing too much twice). This has been going on for a month. GP said they'd do urgent physio referral 2wks ago. They still haven't done it. I'm phoning the patient liaison service tomo

If there are any physios, or anyone, on here who can advise i'd be very grateful. I wear a support most, but not all, of the day and have to be so careful doing everything. My friend is helping me care for the baby but that can't last.

I am so scared that the damage will be permanent cos how on earth can I rest it?! The tiniest thing can set it off, I am so careful and still it gets set off

helpiamsoworried Sun 20-Mar-16 14:12:07


I really need advice, she's only 4 months old, i'm a single parent, she deserves so much more

even if you have no expert advice a bit of support would be nice

Buzzardbird Sun 20-Mar-16 14:21:07

help, I really think you should go to A&E or minor injury hospital. Physio isn't going to help in the short term. You probably need an X-Ray?

Could your friend help you out with DD whilst you go and get sorted?

Pufflehuff Sun 20-Mar-16 14:21:54

Private physio.

When I've had injuries I don't even wait for the NHS times, they're too long. Things can worsen fast. Find a private clinic and you'll get an appointment within a day or two. Be about £40.

ricketytickety Sun 20-Mar-16 14:22:20

Have no advice except trying set things up so you can do it all one handed. Have everything you need all in one place for nappy change for example out and ready so you can do it one handed before you need it. Get stuff for your bedroom, lounge and nursery - have nappies, wet wipes etc in each room out and ready.

Are you breast or bottle feeding?

Pufflehuff Sun 20-Mar-16 14:22:34

Also, yeah, a whole month? Soft tissue would have changed by now. That length of time is seriously messed up.

ricketytickety Sun 20-Mar-16 14:23:41

And ditto get an xray

Whatdoidohelp Sun 20-Mar-16 14:23:50

Agree, you need to sort out help in another way. Can your HV arrange help with childcare short term, it's something they do where I live anyway. Can you go to minor injuries? Even if you get a referral to physio on Monday it could be a few weeks before you even get an appointment and then It can take a while before it takes effect. thanks

NeedsAsockamnesty Sun 20-Mar-16 14:26:45

Why on earth would you request actual health care advice from people on the Internet when you have no way of knowing they are not just landscape gardeners!

Danglyweed Sun 20-Mar-16 14:31:01

If its def physio you need, I second puffle, pay for a private apointment

helpiamsoworried Sun 20-Mar-16 20:10:09

thanks so much, will try privatr physio

tickleyourpickle Sun 20-Mar-16 20:22:23

I'm in the same position.
I broke a bone in my dominant hand last week. It's not plastered but I have a splint
I have a 3yo and a 5yo, DH works 7 days a week and I'm in the middle of packing in prep for moving house in 2 weeks.
It's a fecking nightmare!

Not much help but a fellow wonky hand hold from me thanks

kansasmum Sun 20-Mar-16 20:55:35

How about asking your HV for support from something like Homestart? They might be able to see a volunteer to help you?
Definitely need an X ray preferably before physio.
Poor you- hope you can get sorted soon.

helpiamsoworried Sun 20-Mar-16 22:07:26

thanks, homestart does not operate in my area, but thsnkd anyway

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now