Talk

Advanced search

To throw water over them?

(29 Posts)
Starwarsorbaby Sun 20-Mar-16 10:35:44

More of a rant. Finally got both babies down for their nap, trying to nod off myself on the sofa when suddenly I hear shouting and cheering loudly from outside. Half marathon running past house and bloody neighbours out there cheering them on. No fucking sleep for me angry

Why are people running for fun, and why are people cheering them?!?!!

Grumpy? Moi?

IceMaiden73 Sun 20-Mar-16 10:36:59

Lol yes YABU - hope your day improves

x2boys Sun 20-Mar-16 10:37:14

grinI would sorry that made me laugh.

Footle Sun 20-Mar-16 10:46:02

Preferably not over the babies, anyway.

CakeNinja Sun 20-Mar-16 10:54:25

why are people running for fun,
grin
Quite right!
Could you decamp to a back room/bedroom? How annoying, daytime snoozes were the highlight of my day when I had 2 small ones!

Oysterbabe Sun 20-Mar-16 10:54:42

Yep yabu. Go out and give them a clap miseryguts grin

Starwarsorbaby Sun 20-Mar-16 10:57:20

They're STILL cheering! Wtf? Yep, absolute confirmed misery guts here smile

x2boys Sun 20-Mar-16 10:58:29

Ah yes nap times I loved them. Mine were always interuppted by the incessant phone ringing wanting to know if I had an accident that wasent my fault angry at least your runners will be gone by now.

Wolfiefan Sun 20-Mar-16 10:58:41

Hand them babies. Baby screams can blend with the cheering.
Find earplugs. Go to sleep!!!

Starwarsorbaby Sun 20-Mar-16 11:14:25

X2boys....still cheering hmm

x2boys Sun 20-Mar-16 11:17:28

Oh sorry maybe you can start cheering at about 2 am loudly over something when your neighbours will be asleep ,I worked nights for three years so slept in the day and would get unreasonably angry with people noisily going about their normal daygrin

longdiling Sun 20-Mar-16 11:18:12

Oh bless you. I so remember those days. I remember the rag and bone man spotted some old bikes or whatever in our drive way and started picking them up and hammering on our door when the baby was sleeping. I yanked the door open in a fury and told him to 'take the bloody bikes but be quiet because the baby's sleeping '. Fair play, they basically tiptoed down the drive whispering to each other. I must have looked unhinged.

I hope the babies stay asleep!

MumOnTheRunCatchingUp Sun 20-Mar-16 11:25:49

And you had no notice beforehand? Road closure signs etc??

Was it really such a surprise?

SmellySourdough Sun 20-Mar-16 11:27:24

yabu
the routes of races ars published a long time ahead.

MumOnTheRunCatchingUp Sun 20-Mar-16 11:29:29

And they tend to happen every year....

longdiling Sun 20-Mar-16 11:36:10

This is presumably a mum of young twin babies. I'm not at all surprised she was unaware of the race/date/Road closures or whatever! She's just managed to get two babies off to sleep at the same time. She should be the one getting a medal...

RockUnit Sun 20-Mar-16 11:37:23

Why are people running for fun

grin It's one of life's mysteries. I don't understand it either.

ShowOfHands Sun 20-Mar-16 11:40:12

DD was aghast on Friday that the school fun run was anything but. She claims they missold the whole thing.

milkbottle Sun 20-Mar-16 11:40:45

OP you forgot to put 'lighthearted' in your title - the arsey comments have already started grin

MoonDuke Sun 20-Mar-16 11:42:50

I feel your pain.

We get at least 2 runs a year in front of our flat complete with bands to cheer them on. The music will go on for 4 hours or so. Drove me potty with my non sleeping refluxer who was hard enough to get to sleep in silence let alone during 4 hours of brass band or rock music.

We also get demonstrations with loud hailers and shouting angry which goes on late in the evening.

Knowing these events will happen doesn't make it any less frustrating when you're sleep deprived.

paxillin Sun 20-Mar-16 12:00:41

Remember the Olympic torch? Not only were the roads blocked, we had to stand by the roadside for hours with a bunch of excited kids (whipped into a frenzy by their schools) and a million others to wait for somebody carrying a silver stick. A worse anti-climax than a passing marathon. Bet loads of people with babies were seething behind closed windows and the actual spectators (us) secretly hated it, too.

Crazypetlady Sun 20-Mar-16 12:10:19

I have one neighbour that has a son that knocks really bloody loudly after school it's across the street and I hear it. Its when my 9 month old naps and it sets the dog of barking I rage more everyday grin

Crazypetlady Sun 20-Mar-16 12:10:45

Goes on for ages too

Starwarsorbaby Sun 20-Mar-16 12:48:01

Knew there was a marathon, didn't know it was coming down our street. Roads not closed, they seemed to have been running along side the cars! shock

Starwarsorbaby Sun 20-Mar-16 12:51:30

And no, not twins, a 3 month old and a 13.5. Month old. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now