Talk

Advanced search

omfg there's a dead bastard mouse under my fridge

(15 Posts)
ehhhhmagaaadgross Sat 19-Mar-16 11:32:48

I went running this morning (stealth boast) and afterwards was doing my stretches on the kitchen floor. I got really low on the floor and was eye level with the bottom of the fridge when I spotted it. A tiny foot....mouse corpse.

AIBU to ask what the hell am I going to do!?!? My stomach turned. I can't go near it. I guess it explains the horrific smell that was lingering in the kitchen a couple of weeks ago but that means that it's been festering there for weeks?!? sadblushenvy.

Can I just move??

WorraLiberty Sat 19-Mar-16 11:36:20

I don't think calling its parent's marital status into question will help. After all, this is 2016 wink

Do you have a pair of tongs? If so, grab a carrier bag and quickly chuck the mouse in there...then straight outside to the bin.

Also, I'd get some poison today and put it down under the fridge.

Good luck thanks

bringmelaughter Sat 19-Mar-16 11:38:12

Could be worse I've just found a rat in the electronic mouse trap I'd put in the kitchen drawer after my pastry brush was eaten. Am distracting myself watching four in a bed till my husband gets home. I know, I know... I am usually an independent,strong woman but I have limits!!

MuddhaOfSuburbia Sat 19-Mar-16 11:38:17

Old sock over hoover nozzle

Ugh ugh ugh poor you

mrssmith79 Sat 19-Mar-16 11:40:02

At least it's dead wink. Rubber glove, carrier bag, job done.

ehhhhmagaaadgross Sat 19-Mar-16 11:41:50

Worra - I can't face using tongs, I'd have to get too close and what if it's all decomposey and the pressure makes it explode!? I've been reading horror stories for the past 30 mins.

bring - Aaargh!! No! How big is it? I can't imagine finding it. You'll never open a drawer in a carefree fashion again !

ehhhhmagaaadgross Sat 19-Mar-16 11:42:15

Muddah - how does Hoover sock work!?

ehhhhmagaaadgross Sat 19-Mar-16 11:42:59

Sorry for all the exclamation marks. I'm panicking

bringmelaughter Sat 19-Mar-16 11:43:41

I don't know how big. I can just see the tail sticking out of the trap.... it is not a mouse!!! I feel on the edge. Need husband home and to go out for lunch.

Junosmum Sat 19-Mar-16 11:43:47

Could be worse. My cat left a severed mouse head on the floor by the bed which I stepped on when I got up in the morning when I was 34 weeks pregnant. Eeew.

WorraLiberty Sat 19-Mar-16 11:44:51

Oooh hoover and sock. What a fantastic idea!! shock

<< Makes notes >>

salsamad Sat 19-Mar-16 11:58:34

At our old house I walked into the lounge to be faced with a humongous rat sitting on our patio decking washing its whiskers, right in front of the patio doors. I rang my DH all flustered and panicky, all the while Ratty watched me most unconcerned.
My DH patronising response to me flapping big-style was "Now are you absolutely sure it's a rat salsa ...maybe it's just a large hedgehog"!!
My immediate angry response "I DO ACTUALLY KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A FUCKING RAT AND A HEDGEHOG YOU KNOW!!"

OzzieFem Sat 19-Mar-16 13:13:55

My cat was yowling at the front door one evening, and when I let it in he brought a large rat with him. The rat ran down the hall (chased by me and the cat) into the back spare room full of junk furniture. I then spent the next 30 odd mins clambering over stuff trying to get the bloody rat out while the cat sat and watched, then wandered off in disgust.

Finally managed to get it out into the kitchen and after another 10 mins managed to grab it by it's tail, then throw the thing out into the garden just as it was turning round to bite me. It was about 6 weeks later that I found the rat corpse in the garden, so presumably the cat had finally done it's job.

memyselfandaye Sat 19-Mar-16 13:51:07

Fuck the sock, suck the little bastard right up with the hoover attatchment, then set the hoover on fire.

You do realise its relatives will be along shortly, for the funeral. grin

ehhhhmagaaadgross Sat 19-Mar-16 14:18:06

I already have a spider bigger than a mouse in the Hoover so setting it on fire is looking like an attractive proposal.

Some truly horrifying shockshockrat based tales here. Reminds me of something that happened to me in my youth...I was living in Spain in a super ancient building in the old town of a city. This was all very romantic and beautiful until I realised the building and therefore my flat, had a serious cockroach infestation. The giant ones! confused My deposit was expensive and none refundable and so I had to try and get over it basically. I had professional exterminators in every couple of months but in a multi tenanted building there's not much you can do. I was showering one day and one of the horrible idiots fell on my head...it was in my hair and i could feel it scrabbling. I fell out of the shower and writhed around naked on the floor screaming. Dignified. It was probably seconds later that I decided to cut my losses and move on. Thinking of doing the same now blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now