Talk

Advanced search

Wedding illness- help

(6 Posts)
Kiddiewinks2008 Fri 18-Mar-16 16:14:24

Got a wedding on sunday but OH has flu- I am still planning to go as its a really old friend but was going to go alone & let them know asap so they can sort table plans out- is that really bad? Will offer to pay for meal- or aibu to force OH to go?

meditrina Fri 18-Mar-16 16:17:01

Of course dropping out because you are ill is OK (desirable, indeed) and yes you should let the hosts know as soon as you are sure.

I just hope you're not brewing it up too!

MirandaWest Fri 18-Mar-16 16:17:49

If your OH so ill then he can't go. Is just one of those things. Im getting married July and I wouldn't expect you to pay for the meal - it would be a cost we'd already paid iyswim.

Hope your oh feels better soon and that you don't catch it.

Oooblimey Fri 18-Mar-16 16:20:50

Just let them know ASAP as they may have a stand by list.
At my wedding when someone had to drop out last minute I asked an evening guest (good friend of my mum) and they were thrilled to be able to go all day and I didn't pay for an uneaten meal.

HackerFucker22 Fri 18-Mar-16 16:22:25

It might be a nice tough to offer to pay (shows you are genuine) but I'd hope they'd decline although based on most MN wedding threads they'd probably send you an invoice

curren Fri 18-Mar-16 16:23:05

8 members of sils family didn't come to her wedding because both sets of kids had chicken pox. There were babies coming to the wedding and the adults were scared they would make some ill.

It was fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now