Talk

Advanced search

To feel crap about my body

(7 Posts)
YouKnowNothingRickGrimes Fri 18-Mar-16 14:10:08

I turned 26 6 months ago and prior to this I was a size 8, could eat what I wanted, flat stomach and not a care in the world. Even after 2 children.

Suddenly I became a 26 year old and it's like a switch flicked and my body is changing. More fat on my hips, pouch on my belly that just won't go away. Tell me, is this it now? Have I reached the age where I now have to care about what I eat and make an effort to try and exercise?

Why oh why ?

Penguinepenguins Fri 18-Mar-16 14:16:00

It's not all doom and gloom I promise! But my body has taken many turns over the years am now the grand age of 38. Used to be able to stuff my face with anything, now I can't but that's just the way it goes for everyone.

My mum is in her mid 60's and has had a whole body revamp recently through diet and exercise and she looks amazing! Much better than me... Takes a bit more effort as you get older, bits do change but it's entirely doable to feel and look good about yourself smile

SeaIce Fri 18-Mar-16 14:57:17

It's probably a short-lived phase. Maybe your metabolism has slowed? Are you subconsciously taking in more calories, doing less exercise? Any thyroid problems?

I've always been slim, a little underweight, but age 25 gained 2stone over a couple of years. No changes to lifestyle or diet but I wasn't as stressed as usual and was studying instead of working. I started exercising daily and toned up, but didn't lose any weight. Age 27 I lost the 2stones when I started a new job. At 30 I'm slightly underweight again and find it hard to gain weight despite eating whatever I like and hardly exercising! So not necessarily an age thing.

Also, have you started/stopped the pill or started new medication?

PortobelloRoad Fri 18-Mar-16 16:23:35

Have you had any other symptoms? It may well be just age/metabolism/whatever but sudden weight gain can be a symptom of hormonal/thyroid/pituitary issues.

oldlaundbooth Fri 18-Mar-16 16:26:54

I read this with interest : till I heard you're 26.

ClaudiaApfelstrudel Fri 18-Mar-16 16:34:14

I think mid to late twenties is the age when it all catches up with you tbh

luckiestgirlintheworld Fri 18-Mar-16 16:39:43

Yep YABU. Your body is an amazing thing. Stop feeling crap about it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now