to think arrangements should have been made?

(17 Posts)
cjt110 Fri 18-Mar-16 13:06:33

[Prepost note - I am suffering from severe anxiety at the moment, awaiting treatment and have a tendancy to fixate on things and make a HUGE issue over nothing]

We had 2 sofas 13+ years old, bought a new one. Biggest one was knackered so DH sawed it up and put into the local tip. He offered smaller, better nick one to DH's colleague for free. He said yes. This was on/around 4 March.

Colleague still has not arranged to collect. If someone was offering you something for free, wouldn't you arrange to get it collected ASAP?

BolshierAryaStark Fri 18-Mar-16 13:07:54

A sofa yes I would, YANBU

Clobbered Fri 18-Mar-16 13:09:25

Remind colleague politely and give a deadline in your message - if not collected by x date, then we will have to dispose of it as we need the space. Await x date, and if not collected, saw up and take to tip. Sorted.

YANBU.

Good luck with your treatment!

BeautyQueenFromMars Fri 18-Mar-16 13:09:45

I personally would, yes.

Have you given the colleague a bit of a nudge to remind him? Make it clear it needs to be collected asap as it's in the way.

Try not to fixate on this though, as it isn't hugely important. Which you know, but it's still much easier said than done, isn't it?!

Buzzardbird Fri 18-Mar-16 13:10:04

Just drop him a text to say that you need it out of the way so if he doesn't collect it this weekend then British Heart Foundation are collecting it next week.
BHF is a great way to donate btw, they collect and send you a letter to know how much you have helped to raise.

CosyNook Fri 18-Mar-16 13:10:40

Yes, and perhaps they want it delivering too shock

BeautyQueenFromMars Fri 18-Mar-16 13:11:09

Jeez, I'm so sorry about my patronising tone in my previous post. Completely unintentional, honestly! I hope you know how I meant it blush

NightWanderer Fri 18-Mar-16 13:14:50

It's not an issue over nothing. A sofa takes up a lot of room. It must be very annoying. I agree with the others set a deadline for pick up and if he doesn't come by then donate it.

cjt110 Fri 18-Mar-16 13:16:50

Thanks for your replies.

BeautyQueenFromMars Not at all! I know it's a truly fucking stupid reason to get het up about. It's been in it's current position for months and not been an issue.

I have asked Dh this morning has colleague said anything about collecting and he said not. I asked could he ask him soon as it's starting to get on my nerves. I then went into an anxious state and said tell colleague if he cant collect this weekend I;ll get a charity to collect. DH was a bit annoyed at this and pointed out it's been sat where it is for months, a few more weeks won't matter, which they won't. But I'm being totally stupid (this is me and my opinion here, not Dh saying this to me) over a sofa.

I am actually feeling panicky and anxious over it. Dimwit.

DelphiniumBlue Fri 18-Mar-16 13:18:17

Is he waiting for DH to tell him when it would-be convenient? might need spelling out that it needs to be gone by tomorrow morning, if not you will make other arrangements. Don't make the deadline the end of the weekend, or you will be stuck with it for another week.

BeautyQueenFromMars Fri 18-Mar-16 13:24:22

I don't suffer with anxiety on a big scale, but if I've made up my mind about something, I can't settle until it's done. So I understand a tiny bit - now it's been agreed that the sofa is to go, it needs to go!

It's not a stupid reason and you're not a dimwit. It's just something that is currently in the forefront of your mind.

Make the most of lounging around on it whilst you can though. Sprawl on it and have a cuppa grin

Tiggeryoubastard Fri 18-Mar-16 13:28:55

Maybe he thinks you're getting a new one to replace it and is waiting to be told it's available.
I understand the anxiety, I was like that when I had PND. I (eventually) turned it around by making a positive of it; if that's all I have to stress about then things aren't bad at all. Hope you feel better soon.

cjt110 Fri 18-Mar-16 13:52:00

if that's all I have to stress about then things aren't bad at all. <<That is now my mantra for couchgate!

Tiggeryoubastard Fri 18-Mar-16 15:53:34

Couchgate. grin

Sallyhasleftthebuilding Fri 18-Mar-16 16:10:40

I would be annoyed because it's in the way and you want to get the room sorted - give a deadline for collection or post in free cycle for immediate collection

cjt110 Fri 18-Mar-16 16:17:13

<Confession time> I must admit, I noticed DS (19m) was sat on it the other day and he must have had a wee and it leaked a little. Seeing as the fucker hasnt collected the couch, I'm not washing that cushion cover! You cant even see it [devil]

gamerchick Fri 18-Mar-16 16:21:15

That would annoy me immensely. You need to give a cut off date.

Check it still has its fire label if you contact a charity though or they won't take it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now